Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

Post by rb85 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am

DougieK wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:54 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Snapperhead may be an existing member who wanted to mod under another alias who knows.
This seems like a great way to lose respect and have absolutely no accountability for your actions.
I’m not justifying it either way just think it’s a possibility.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am

What the hell is snapperhead?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am
What the hell is snapperhead?
He is our new moderator.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am

rb85 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am
DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Snapperhead may be an existing member who wanted to mod under another alias who knows.
This seems like a great way to lose respect and have absolutely no accountability for your actions.
It's a near certainty that it's someone who is already on here looking to not be held accountable to anything they do. There is literally no other reason for anonymity and no way someone who's not part of this community would be made a mod.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 am

DougieK wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am
rb85 wrote:
DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:

It's a near certainty that it's someone who is already on here looking to not be held accountable to anything they do. There is literally no other reason for anonymity and no way someone who's not part of this community would be made a mod.
Thats Very SIMILAR to what i though as soon as i read the Post.
The respect from my side is certainly diminishing :down:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 pm

DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:

A Policeman : We know nothing about the person wearing the Police Uniform BUT we still respect the position and job the Police do.

Plus, accountability goes up not down. Snapperhead is accountable to Jon, not us.

If we feel hard done by, like any issue relating to accountability , , , , bring it up with their Supervisor, Jon in this case.

We are accountable for our own actions. So if you don't do anything untoward, you are safe

Cheers, Bugatti

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm with Bugs on this one. Why is everyone having such a sook? Obviously the admin thinks they are suitable for the job, and if he isn't, that's for the admin to deal with.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 pm

DougieK wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am
rb85 wrote:
DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Again a Policeman : A BIG reason for their "anonymity" is so that they and their families are safe in their personal lives.

It has been bantered a few times before that modes get threatened, even death threats , , , , so anonymity protects them and their family AND allows the Mod to do his job and Moderate effectively without fear of reprisal which may influence not acting on some unsavoury behaviour and not get addressed due to a concern of personal reprisal.

Regards, Bugatti

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Bugatti your not seeing the issue here: by having 0 info about a mod and no way of knowing what mod it possibly is they can destroy the forums in a sense if they wanted by shutting every thread aswell as banning any member they please, how would you feel to come here one day to be banned for no reason and have 0 ways to get that ban removed? you have premium member rank so i bet you have spent 10 or 20 dollars plus other fee's to the forum and i can for sure bet you would be peeved to come here one day and have been banned and you dont know why or by who THATS why everyone has turned suspicious to snapperhead they are a unknowen, untrusted entity that has suddenly been given keys to the forum in a sense.

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Just saying, You do know the mods and admin would go through a process to see if someone is fit for the job yeah?

Cheers Matari

Return to “Announcements”