Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 am
4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm
I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not anti vax, I'm booked in for my first jab next week, however I am pro-choice and I maintain every Australian deserves to have a choice. But if they choose not to get the vax, then from a medical standpoint obviously priority should be given to those that have taken the vaccine who require ICU bed's before those who have covid and don't have the vax.
I'm pro choice with the jabs too... to the extent peoples' choices don't spill over and start compromising other peoples' health.
By you being double vaccinated and me not being vaccinated at all how exactly am I compromising your health? I'm compromising my own health, that's my damn choice that apparently you're all for.

Not once did I ever hear of someone going to get the flu jab to protect others.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 pm

By you being double vaccinated and me not being vaccinated at all how exactly am I compromising your health? I'm compromising my own health, that's my damn choice that apparently you're all for.

I forgive this kind of thing in the first few months, but by this stage, if you still believe this, you are intentionally misinformed.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
4liters wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
4liters wrote:
I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not anti vax, I'm booked in for my first jab next week, however I am pro-choice and I maintain every Australian deserves to have a choice. But if they choose not to get the vax, then from a medical standpoint obviously priority should be given to those that have taken the vaccine who require ICU bed's before those who have covid and don't have the vax.
I'm pro choice with the jabs too... to the extent peoples' choices don't spill over and start compromising other peoples' health.

Um in I work disability sector and it's mandatory to get flu shot to protect clients ....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:14 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
4liters wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
4liters wrote:

Because you get priority in ICU over my daughter.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:27 am

Let me explain how this works. All procedures that will create a need for an ICU bed are on hold. So a person that is in need of a procedure i.e. chemo and surgery, but not presently in hospital gets postponed til after the covid crisis. Even if that procedure will extend their life expectancy.
So you have a choice to get vaxinated or not. People waiting for surgery don't get a choice.
My daughter is currently still working as a nurse while she waits for others to choose to get vaxinated. She is a fully qualified bachelor of nursing and often runs wards that have ICU.
Do I have sympathy for people too scared to get a vax because the believe non scientific rumours , nope just go get it.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 am

I have only been able to visit my daughter and grandkids twice in the last 18 months. The last time was in January, just before she was diagnosed with a rare cancer of the appendix. I have not been over to give her or the grandkids a hug and assure them no matter what they will be ok. Two of them are young teenagers at secondary college. Instead I watch and listen to protestors who claim it is their right to not have a vax that has less risk than driving a vehicle. Really??? Yes I believe you should have a choice, but you should also choose to not take a hospital bed if your choice is to not get a vax.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 am

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:14 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
4liters wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
4liters wrote:

Because you get priority in ICU over my daughter.
Yep. Spot on..
The wankers roaming the streets need to have this drilled into their heads.
I mean if they are going to do lines and then run off into the crowd protesting about not putting this **** in my body, then what bloody hope do we have.. they have damaged so much property which now we all have to pay for.

Non jab people need to have a surcharge on their Medicare if they take up an ICU bed, or have the right to be refused treatment at the ICU.

If the nurses, health care and aged care workers and soon to be teachers have to have the jab to work, then what makes the trades so ******* special.
I work in the industry and I am disgusted at what they have done.

I understand it's a personal choice. But how far are you going to run when almost everything will require you to have your jab passport for entry. The non Vax are just going to inconvenience themselves and everyone else further and further they run...

I have had enough of this. I have lost family, friends and my job to this dog of a thing and my blood boils when I see inconsiderate assholes being so selfish and not thinking about the others but themselves...
End of rant!!!!

Ps. Apologies for whoever had to read the expletives. I have edited them out as I got a bit carried away..

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:00 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:27 am
Let me explain how this works. All procedures that will create a need for an ICU bed are on hold. So a person that is in need of a procedure i.e. chemo and surgery, but not presently in hospital gets postponed til after the covid crisis. Even if that procedure will extend their life expectancy.
Sorry to hear about your daughter I hope all works out.

As for ICU beds being on hold this just seems like bureaucratic madness.

They should be used for people that need them ie your daughter.

ben475
Has liked: 163 times

Post by ben475 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:46 pm

frozenpod wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:00 pm
re-tyred wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:27 am
Sorry to hear about your daughter I hope all works out.

As for ICU beds being on hold this just seems like bureaucratic madness.

They should be used for people that need them ie your daughter.
totally stupid, keep the beds free, what if not enough covid patients come in? other people miss out for nothing.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 am

To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Off Topic Forum”