Lesson Learned??

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Lesson Learned??

Post by Andrews » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Avoiding and preventing any opportunity for people for collect in large numbers such as the local pier or the boat ramp is an effective way to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Yeah it sucks we can’t fish, but with a large population that is immunocompromised, elderly or have underlying conditions this is bigger than us catching a feed. We need to look out for each other during these times of uncertainty rather than passing blame.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 pm

90% of people have commonsense, therefore 10% don't
It's for the 10% that the restrictions are required
If I get covid19, there's a good chance it would kill me
Stay at home so, I can have a Jack with Bill, a fish with Adrian
Yeah I'm mad, STAY AT HOME
Gra

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:42 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:25 pm
It seem to be his sons mate...it’s people like him that ruin it for everyone else & why they have to put a blanket ban on everything because people can’t be trusted to use common sense
No that's crap mate. They put blanket bans in place because it's easy, and have no basis in science or medicine as to transmitting or catching the virus whilst fishing or hunting. But surfing and driving across the state to your holiday home was OK over Easter. ******* idiots without a clue.
Disagree, as soon as they saying fishing is ok I can guarantee the piers will have people fishing shoulder to shoulder....common sense is a thing of the past unfortunately
Amen!

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 pm
Gra
Then you should stay at home mate. No one is coming to fish in your lounge room to infect you....that's the point. Most people going fishing are going the opposite direction....a long way from you or anybody else. We understand social distancing.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Andrews wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:26 pm
Avoiding and preventing any opportunity for people for collect in large numbers such as the local pier or the boat ramp is an effective way to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Yeah it sucks we can’t fish, but with a large population that is immunocompromised, elderly or have underlying conditions this is bigger than us catching a feed. We need to look out for each other during these times of uncertainty rather than passing blame.
Well I know my 85 YO mum would prefer me to drop in fresh fish for her like I do most weeks than have to carry home more and costly meat on her weekly trip to the shops
Of cause it sucks - being the only nanny state that doesn't recognize Kayaking as exercise even though you are completely alone in a kayak and also the only nanny state that thinks fishermen are to stupid to distance themselves apart

and then in the next breath thinks the hairdressers are not a problem or in my case I cant drive to tooradin from cranbourne a 15 trip to launch a kayak by my self and fish again by myself - yet no doubt I can drive to Springvale market to buy fish ( we have no fish market in town )

can you see any common sense there
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:59 pm
Texas wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 pm
Gra
Then you should stay at home mate. No one is coming to fish in your lounge room to infect you....that's the point. Most people going fishing are going the opposite direction....a long way from you or anybody else. We understand social distancing.
That's what I'm saying stump, it's the 10%ers. I'd love to go fishing
Last edited by Texas on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:07 pm

mazman wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:18 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm
mazman wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:50 pm
cheaterparts wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:28 pm
4liters wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:20 pm
People are stupid and it's easier to just have a nice, simple, STFAH message and fine anyone who doesn't comply. I'd rather go a couple of months without fishing than have the virus rip us a new one like it's doing in the US right now.
strangely enough Ian I don't really think I fish with anyone I would call stupid - and in fact I don't know anyone fisherman or not that hasn't got the distancing idea by know

but as you know hunting and fishing are by nature fairly self isolating --- how many guys do you know that couldn't Hunt or fish in under a group of 2

maybe it's just me with no friends that could easy fish alone
Unfortunately there are still people out there who don't get it. Had a few customers at work incredibly keen to come super close to me and other employees, makes for a rather uncomfortable time.
It’s up to Employers to put measures in place to prevent that. Don’t know what job your in but one of the key components of the OHS Act is for Employers to provide a safe workplace.

Would be interesting to see what would unfold if it was proven an Employee or group of Employees were infected due to lack of precautions taken by employer.
There's a lot of things in place but when your working in retail it's virtually impossible to stop customers from walking right up to a team member putting stock on the shelves or something like that
Closing aisles being restocked may be an option human nature is difficult to control
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:57 pm

I agree that we are the nanny state and some of these rules aren’t making too much sense when you compare them to other states. But we’ve come this far and are showing signs of getting on top of things and means we have to continue to knuckle down hard maybe even harder than before. My folks haven’t left the house in almost 3 weeks but worse than that is they can’t hug their grandkids and most pensioners are in the same situation. I really want to wet a line but really it’s a small sacrifice to make compared to a lot of others in this country.

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:04 pm

The thing is mate, without a vaccine your parents will be stuck inside...for possibly years, no matter how hard we crack down or flatten the curve. We have done well, but now even that is being used as an excuse to go harder? No, house arrest for an indefinite period of time is unacceptable under any circumstance. Besides, it will start to unravel and go south real quick....even police commissioners have acknowledged this.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:27 pm

I’m aware that they will be stuck inside for months and possibly more but that’s not the point as much as nobody wants that. Other countries are getting hammered by covid and we could go that way if we back off restrictions to early. Our hospitals seem to be coping, icu beds aren’t full that I know of, purely because we’ve all sacrificed our normal lives to do what the government has asked. I’m definitely no fan of Andrews but he’s part of the national Cabinet that is setting the guidelines and I reckon their doing pretty bloody well compared to other countries. I agree it’s going to be hard to keep everyone on board this the longer it drags on no doubt but ask the Italians or the Poms if they’d rather be us at the moment.

Return to “General”