Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by laneends » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:55 pm

Being in lockdown with the missus for an extended time would fry my brain...if she doesn't hit it with a pan first..

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:07 pm
The outcome from this pandemic is going to be pretty bad we all know it. You cannot solely blame the government for what supposedly will happen.

Be glad your not in a 3rd world country where you get fkall incentives from the government, they are the people that are going to be absolutely decimated!!!
People take everything for granted here!!!!
It has nothing to do with the governments stimulus or lack there of. We are however saving what? 100,000 people this year, to lose 200,000+ in the next 5? And throw in potentially crippling the healthcare sector further irrespective of any pandemics, and schools, and infrastructure etc. since money doesn't grow on trees, these bloody large stimulus packages eventually have to be paid for in one way or another. Meanwhile the whole show has lost a sizeable portion of its revenue.

Maybe my concept and ideas surrounding somewhat preventable but inevitable death is completely different to 99.99% of everyone else. As sad as it is, I'd rather let the bell curve happen, and happen fast. Lose a portion of the population while the majority will be left relatively unscathed, and greatly reduce the after affects on that majority both personally and publicly.

Or just blanket ban travel to and from third world shitholes that like to root bats or whatever the **** they did to start the mutation

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Just an idea, it would have been cheaper and more effective if the government provided everyone with a protective overall suit with breathing apparatus and face shield to battle this virus out. Quickly identify the effected group of people and treat them accordingly. This way it should be contained relatively well, but what would I know, just realy sad that for a lot of families they will be missing a love one. I've seen all these people with face mask that are not even rated for protecting against the virus and I'm sure you can contract the virus through your eyes too. Stay strong everyone, we can beat this.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm

And this is a fishing forum. Who knew so many of us were political analysts and economists. Love it fellas, tell me again, where are they biting? Don’t worry, Scotty from marketing will tell us, after all, his daughters have been ‘gone fishing’ for weeks while he assures us that the schools should stay open (for our kids).

Yeah I’m pissed off. My missus has just been told she should get a test because a kid she nannies goes to class with a kid that just tested positive to covid-19.

By the way. Sorrento squid are going off. KG whiting in metung are firing up to 40cm+, The prawns in lakes are big and about to make their last run for the year, barriers landing through to the entrance is the place to be.

FTW, where is my beer? Where is the grassy knoll on capital hill?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:03 am

skronkman wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm
My missus has just been told she should get a test because a kid she nannies goes to class with a kid that just tested positive to covid-19.
Sorry to hear skronkman, hope the test is negative

good luck.JPG

Regards, Bill

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 am

Seems a few in society "down play" what is going on.

1400.JPG

Percentage wise, if we were in Italy's situation

574 Australians dead just this weekend alone.

They say this hardship is designed to hopefully save lives, I believe it and I'm going to abide by it.
If anyone thinks this hardship is not worth the lives it would save , , , ,

Then think of it this way, without the hardship scenario, would you give up your life so that someone you don't even know, can still drive their BMW instead of a Commodore?

cars.JPG

And sadly enough, what a waste of my time posting this post. Anyone who gets "it", knows "it" and does "it" anyway because they know it saves lives and hope that others would do the same for them and theirs.

Anyone who doesn't understand it or doesn't do it , , , , values "their" pointless social liberties over thousands of lives and no matter what we say, they are going to do as they please , , , , so "you" enjoy that outing with ya mate , , , , it probably will cost someone their life , , , , in 3 weeks , , , , but you don't care because it'd probably be someone you don't even know.

:(

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:18 am

I’m buying into the social distancing trying my best to follow the guidelines to protect others who are more vulnerable.

Would hate to see a loved one or anyone for that matter die a slow painful death in isolation without any family able to comfort them because someone else decided it wasn’t necessary despite expert advice to the contrary.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 am

cobby wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 pm
purple5ive wrote:
The outcome from this pandemic is going to be pretty bad we all know it. You cannot solely blame the government for what supposedly will happen.

Be glad your not in a 3rd world country where you get fkall incentives from the government, they are the people that are going to be absolutely decimated!!!
Maybe my concept and ideas surrounding somewhat preventable but inevitable death is completely different to 99.99% of everyone else. As sad as it is, I'd rather let the bell curve happen, and happen fast. Lose a portion of the population while the majority will be left relatively unscathed, and greatly reduce the after affects on that majority both personally and publicly.
On paper not a bad idea, in reality something else.

If it were your wife, mum or dad on that hospital bed and a doctor told you they had someone else more important to attend to and left them to die literally choking to death we would see how you would feel.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 am

People still seem reluctant to do social distancing and some blokes I know or talk to openly state that they will continue to live their lives normally. I find this attitude incredible but that’s still the reality it seems. Social distancing might not stop the virus but will surely slow the spread and it’s obvious that doing so will save lives. We appear to have a lot of entitled people wandering around oblivious to the situation. Sadly.

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Post by benders » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:46 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 am
cobby wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 pm
purple5ive wrote:

On paper not a bad idea, in reality something else.

If it were your wife, mum or dad on that hospital bed and a doctor told you they had someone else more important to attend to and left them to die literally choking to death we would see how you would feel.
This is spot on. It’s all well and good until it affects you. We are waiting for a test result for the mother in law who has recovered from two types of cancer but is not a well woman. Nobody chooses who dies and who lives.

Return to “General”