Portarlington 23rd.

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Portarlington 23rd.

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:42 pm

I have been going back and forward from Melbourne to portarlington for a few days we have sold our house and moving to portarlington full time.
At the same time doing odd jobs on my boat another pump to run my tuna tubes , I managed to finish that job around 11am and decided to give the boat a run to check my work out.
On arriving a point richards rd boat ramp prepped the boat but somebody was in the spot I need right next to the pier so I can just step in, I watched for 15 minutes and several attempts at driving the boat on I walked over and offered assistance yes he said gladly, it was a brand new quintrex fwd casting platform side console quite a nice boat I hopped onboard and talked the guy through driving the boat on it was his first time we got the boat on no problems.
I launched and headed to indented head I had a few new jigs to try a daiwa nude in Orange first cast and bang I am on a nice squid then my phone rings its my son i head over to portarlington pier and pick him up. My son wanted flathead for tea we headed to our favourite drifting spot near the radio reporting mark for the geelong channel, we started our drift really slow wind against tide we picked up about 6 small ones just over 30 cm but it was slow going at the same time we are drifting with baits I am using a soft plastic I had a few small flathead nothing to write home about then bang a massive hit but I miss it I gave it a few twitches and this time I don't miss it and was happy to see a nice flathead come to the surface
15718236577190.jpg
A 60 cm flattie 6 like this would be awesome.
A few chips and salad fantastic.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Portarlington 23rd.

Post by Boonanza » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 pm

That's a cracking Flatty Nude Up :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Great of you to lend a hand with the other bloke, nice to see. I see often, some people get flustered and then can't focus properly on the job at hand. So well done :tu:

On the Flatties, man o man, that is one big Lizard, great catch and an even better dinner

Cheers, Bugs

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Cracker of a flattie mate.
Beauty!
Cheers :tu:

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”