In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm
April Fool wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 am
Seb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 am
From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.
You should have no concerns about making spelling mistakes. So some of us highlighted that you were stuffing up your plurals!!!! We did it in a humorous way. What I found amusing/annoying is how some others deliberately called bream breams on other threads....either as a joke or just a cheap shot.

As for this being a learning experience.....they have been there and done that with all this sh!t before and do not appear to be moving up through the education system.

I remember the uproar when one of their videos showed a ciggy butt being discarded into the bay. Making a judgement on that, this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts if they have set up this guiding business in the proper way.

As for advertising here, my initial thought was Steve put it up to give us a laugh! Is anybody likely to take them up on the offer? Based on the comments here I doubt it. If the person was still a member here and kept plugging away, which was happening, then yes, it should be dealt with and it was. As it stands, we have a forum here to publicise fishing tackle sales so what is the difference with a member posting a link to his mates business anyway? Although that was not Steve's intention.

I was going to post more in my original comment but was interrupted by a text so I just hit enter. I do not usually fire off cheap shot one line posts but when I looked back at it later, I thought...meh!!!, they deserve it!
Cheers
Team Bender
Offering guided tours around donut shops!
How could we forget that flying Ciggy Butt in the edit. Not sure why Steve shared it he says he chats to Phil so maybe he's trying to help a mate promote a business it's not as if anyone has requested a guide.
Why I shared it has been mentioned quite a few times already. Im not going to repeat myself again.
Seems like the idea of phil doing a guiding service has put a few bees in your bonnet?
The mods have chosen to keep this topic going so I dont think it's broken any rules.
Lot of his clientele is from.instagram and YouTube. So I doubt me posting this here is going to change much.
Not concerned about Phillip's business ventures its his personal concern.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:05 pm

:rofl:
4liters wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm
Good luck him if that’s what he wants to do, he’s going to run into the issue eventually of people being unable to tell his website from that of a semi literate Nigerian scammer, which might cost him a few potential customers
:rofl:
X2 least his having a crack.
I know a few bloke that have used guides.
Some for setting up sounders n finding bait balls and snapper ect
Few have used them help them in the rip with kings ect.
He needs to be on FB an get sh.t load more follwers.
Only has 300 to 500 on instagram..

Lot of eggsperts on here. :down:

Before phil left site ,he added a ship load of good reports and info ...and always happy to help others out....

:cheers:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:24 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 am
4liters wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 am
Aren’t there a bunch of regulations around offering commercial services on a boat? Like, coxswain licence and that kind of ****?

Also I kind of worry that the sort of person who doesn’t check their spelling probably didn’t look to closely at insurance.
Coxswains or masters are only needed if you're in control of the boat as a charter operator, same as having the boat in survey. Being a guide on a private boat where the owner is in control of the boat all you need is an ABN and a paying customer.

If people were smart enough to pay attention to what's going on around them the need for guided services would be so few and far between
Not having the correct certification hasn't stopped some from operating.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:39 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D
It’s best to just go out and say it but that’s not how fishos do it in my experience hardcore backstabbers and long distance pot shotters

I thought this was a Fishing Forum not a Fishing competition

There are many and varied members on here:

Some go fishing a lot and others go very rarely
Some have heaps of spare time and others don't
Some are novices and some are extensively experienced
Some have physical injuries, some struggle with their mental well-being
Some are on here for some social respite from their lives
Some have hardships, financial, personal/family commitments

I can fill this page to no end with all the types of people that are on here and for what ever reason that brings them here BUT all these people go fishing when "they" can, AND it doesn't preclude them from this Forum

Gentlemen, if you measure a Fisherman's worth, or even a person's worth by how many fish he catches , , , , then you are using the wrong ruler

And as far as what has been said , , , , they are opinions (as yours are) , , , , no-one's opinion is worth or valued more than anyone else's. But keep in mind, that some of these opinions are founded on observed behaviour of B2F

As far as the Backstabbing, all that has been said by anyone on this thread is on a Public Forum (and I'm sure anyone could "inform" B2F of what has been said). I even put a link to a thread (and if you check) I gave my opinion of B2F directly to B2F.

And what's with the name-calling

I tried to "quote" a post, but that thread was locked , , , , the irony

I shall quote it Old School

"but I do get bored of the people bashing, petty bitchiness or the occasional elitism that pops up. FFS its just fishing something we all enjoy and are passionate about but there are bigger things in life such as friends family and health physical and mental"

rb, that should sound familiar, because you said that , , , , don't you think it is a bit hypocritical to say that and even acknowledging that someone's mental health is important , , , , but still proceed to name-call on this thread

Gentlemen , , , , show some decorum and some restraint , , , , and not your ignorance

Regards Bug

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 pm
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

It’s best to just go out and say it but that’s not how fishos do it in my experience hardcore backstabbers and long distance pot shotters

I thought this was a Fishing Forum not a Fishing competition

There are many and varied members on here:

Some go fishing a lot and others go very rarely
Some have heaps of spare time and others don't
Some are novices and some are extensively experienced
Some have physical injuries, some struggle with their mental well-being
Some are on here for some social respite from their lives
Some have hardships, financial, personal/family commitments

I can fill this page to no end with all the types of people that are on here and for what ever reason that brings them here BUT all these people go fishing when "they" can, AND it doesn't preclude them from this Forum

Gentlemen, if you measure a Fisherman's worth, or even a person's worth by how many fish he catches , , , , then you are using the wrong ruler

And as far as what has been said , , , , they are opinions (as yours are) , , , , no-one's opinion is worth or valued more than anyone else's. But keep in mind, that some of these opinions are founded on observed behaviour of B2F

As far as the Backstabbing, all that has been said by anyone on this thread is on a Public Forum (and I'm sure anyone could "inform" B2F of what has been said). I even put a link to a thread (and if you check) I gave my opinion of B2F directly to B2F.

And what's with the name-calling

I tried to "quote" a post, but that thread was locked , , , , the irony

I shall quote it Old School

"but I do get bored of the people bashing, petty bitchiness or the occasional elitism that pops up. FFS its just fishing something we all enjoy and are passionate about but there are bigger things in life such as friends family and health physical and mental"

rb, that should sound familiar, because you said that , , , , don't you think it is a bit hypocritical to say that and even acknowledging that someone's mental health is important , , , , but still proceed to name-call on this thread

Gentlemen , , , , show some decorum and some restraint , , , , and not your ignorance

Regards Bug
Very School teacher like of you Bug well done.
Could you point me in the direction of my name calling? The hardcore backstabbers and long distant pot shotters wasn't directed at anyone it was commenting about my experience with certain angling groups but if I did have a go at someone i'm only human and am prepared to apologise if I believe I done the wrong thing.

Thanks for digging up a comment from an insightful genius I have to ask though do you save the links to all the fish vic threads you enjoy digging up?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Ok Bug made some strong remarks but name calling.. Can't See.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 pm

This thread reminds me about this episode..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWiv5r_CZw
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Interesting post, B2F is obviously very passionate about fishing and his new venture,i have never met him and he does not come across as a bad bloke. [if anything he has given away many fishing secrets on this site that many other fishos will definitely not] In every business it is trial and error,we all learn by our mistakes eventually.
I must say for him to have 300-500 followers he must be doing something right.

PS i worked for one of Australia's shonkiest builders in the past and now they are one of the most expensive, and produce out standing homes for the wealthy. I refuse to bag B2F as he has done nothing to me personally, good luck to him.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:02 pm

purple5ive wrote:

Why I shared it has been mentioned quite a few times already. Im not going to repeat myself again.
Seems like the idea of phil doing a guiding service has put a few bees in your bonnet?

Steve, no ones got "bees in their bonnets" (notwithstanding my comments, which I shall get to).

We are all just chatting about B2F and his "Guided Tours" and our opinions (founded on B2F's behaviour) , , , , so don't escalate this into something that it is not. Which is a pattern of behaviour you have, as I have found when trying to find quotes of yours, which ironically are mostly on locked threads.

On face value, you posted:
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

i figured people might be interested to know that such an offer is now available..

Which is fair enough, to which I defended you.

But what followed was a hard sell of B2F and his Guided Tours

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am

if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!

To which you even went as far as defending B2F and even an acknowledgement of you spruiking.

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am

Anyway not sure why im defending phil here hahaha, he should be doing his own spruiking

To which it culminated in an "aggressive" post/s

rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

hardcore backstabbers and long distance pot shotters

Now to clarify, I couldn't give a bees knees worth (since the bees are already in bonnets) about B2F's endeavours.

My issue, my only issue is , , , , why is he on here. Which I am allowed to voice my opinion or issues I would like to raise (in an environment that should allow me to be able to, as others should be allowed to as well). Yes, there are other posts with similar content. But are those other posts of spruiking info or tours by an ex member who has left under "unique" circumstances. All of which can be read in my previous posts.

You state:

purple5ive wrote:

The mods have chosen to keep this topic going so I dont think it's broken any rules.

I can not say with any certainty why this is so , , , , but with things escalating if posts are locked or deleted, and factions are formed and the ridiculous notion of the escalation to death threats to Team Members , , , , I would say it could be a case of being cautious and prudent.

Now if you have difficulty understanding any of this the Steve then "You must be one of those flat chested bitches".

Now Steve, on your analogy that if it is on this forum and not on a locked thread (which it is not, as I was allowed to quote it), then it hasn't broken any rules.

Well, you should know where this is going, because that is a quote from one of your posts on this Forum.

purple5ive wrote:
You must be one of them flat chested bitches.

The point being, just because it is on this forum, doesn't necessarily make it right

Regards Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:12 pm

hornet wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 pm
This thread reminds me about this episode..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWiv5r_CZw

I like that analogy hornet , , , , because those Seinfeld episodes always start about nothing , , , , which then slowly before your very eyes escalate into "firecrackers" , , , , sound familiar , , , , this pattern of behaviour has to cease

No wonder more and more members aren't posting , , , , this, I think is a contributing factor , , , , I know it deters me

Cheers, Bugattifeld

Return to “General”