Has liked: 303 times

Re: My 2020/21 trout season run down..

Post by Kimtown » Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm

meppstas wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:52 am
Kimtown wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:12 am
Good reading as always

Got any pics of that 9kg salmon by any chance?
Thanks Denis & Kimtown..

Kim,
No I never bother to photograph Atlantic Salmon that have beed raised in pens, pellet fed and dumped into lakes around Tasmania during the closed season.. That 9 kg fish was caught in Lake Barrington near Sheffield, it did take sometime to land that's for sure, but to me it wasn't worthy of a photo. I actually gave it away. When the IFS deliver them to the lakes there's a line up of fisho's already there waiting to catch them.. I used to wait until the following day to have a fish for them. Some fisho's used to throw handfuls of gravel onto the water to attract the fish into the area, the fish being pellet fed used to rush to where the gravel hit the water, then there was a bombardment of lures hitting the water followed by a heap of tangle lines that had fish on them.. Quite hilarious and well worth sitting back having a good laugh at the mayhem that followed..

Mepps Giant Killer 35 & 45 grams..jpg

cheers
Adrian..
As a kid we had our dam stocked with trout and salmon, and I can vividly remember that sound of pellets hitting the water and the inevitable fish splashing sounds that followed

9kg is pretty crazy though. A lot of people wouldn’t have caught a 9kg fish in the salt

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Adrian - Fantastic report as usual - Congratulations on another great season.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Fri May 28, 2021 3:29 pm

russellh2 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:45 pm
Adrian - Fantastic report as usual - Congratulations on another great season.
Thanks Russell, it took me a little longer to reach the 500th trout than I had expected it to, the good thing was it turned out to be a better season total than the 2019/20 season.. :tu:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”