Opening the 20/21 LBG account

New South Wales Fishing Reports
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Opening the 20/21 LBG account

Post by DougieK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:56 am

e.welch wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm
Wow dougie your the ledge fishing legend of this forum your reports are of the same quality of the fish you catch keep up the good work👍
Kimtown wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 am
Good stuff Dougle, still awaiting that invite
barra mick wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:00 pm
Great read.

Felt like I was there

Thank you all, I enjoy writing as much as you enjoy reading so it's win win.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Omer
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Omer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:40 am
Omer wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:52 pm
Awesome post brother, really enjoyed the read. Felt like I was reading a novel. You should consider writing a book ;)

Grats on the Kingie and honestly, hats off for doing all that hard work for a week.

Just wanted to pay mention to the community work you're involved in. Definitely deserves acknowledgment.
Take care
Thanks mate, I enjoy writing, am actually a part time English teacher in a different life.

The community stuff is more a reflection of the Martial Arts community once you get past the Conor McGregor fanboy types. The underlying culture in the older crowd in fight gyms, searching for longevity and fullfillment in sharing knowledge, is extremely strong once you penetrate past the bravado / ego / testosterone you get confronted with when you first start. A lot of my work in Melbourne actually revolves around making genuine, full contact training available and accessible to vulnerable / compromised people who can't physically / mentally / emotionally deal with being in a room full of 50 sweaty angry boys but still want to learn to defend themselves.

There is an open offer for an hour of 1-1 self defence with me for any Fishvic member, flick me a PM and we can set up a time if you're interested.

Richard Norton (look him up) was a mentor of mine and actually put up a really good interview about it yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_p2I_O5P9s&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3j7K0Q7NaglX8Rd_cFvKlKN7Wa1mfxWWpFd8kHXYHoNUlmCpqCsHchpbI&ab_channel=FariborzAzhakh
An interesting video to listen to and always cool to hear from experience. Richard seems like a wise bloke to learn from!

Man the intention to introduce the scene to a particular group of people is awesome. I find there's a ridiculous amount of potential in everyone, however sometimes there are circumstances that work against us, so it's cool to have people who cater to everyones needs. Super respect for that. Luckily, I'm aware the scene is not all ego and being a showpony. I've played soccer my whole life but wanted to switch it up and actually begun BJJ right before covid hit. Only went for a couple of weeks before the world stopped. I'm contemplating a proper start this time, so I may actually hit you up for that self defence lesson one day.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Omer wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 pm

An interesting video to listen to and always cool to hear from experience. Richard seems like a wise bloke to learn from!

Man the intention to introduce the scene to a particular group of people is awesome. I find there's a ridiculous amount of potential in everyone, however sometimes there are circumstances that work against us, so it's cool to have people who cater to everyones needs. Super respect for that. Luckily, I'm aware the scene is not all ego and being a showpony. I've played soccer my whole life but wanted to switch it up and actually begun BJJ right before covid hit. Only went for a couple of weeks before the world stopped. I'm contemplating a proper start this time, so I may actually hit you up for that self defence lesson one day.
If you PM me your general area i'll recommend some local gyms. Always welcome.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

GusG
Has liked: 41 times

Post by GusG » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 am

Great write up Dougie. I lived in Culburra for a while. Amazing part of the world with so many fishing choices right at your door.

That kingie would have been hectic fun on the light set up. I have had similar outings, live baits, lures, etc all out and the bloke beside me fishing for snapper has hooked kings and got smoked hahaha

Good on you for your workshops in Nowra, there is a community there that do it pretty tough and cop a hard time from everyone else. Good to see you giving them a leg up.

Return to “New South Wales”