Saints

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Saints

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:45 pm

I’m not easily offended but even I can see it’s best not to highlight this sort of stuff can see how impressionable juniors could mimic these homoerotic acts
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:56 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:45 pm
I’m not easily offended but even I can see it’s best not to highlight this sort of stuff can see how impressionable juniors could mimic these homoerotic acts
The amount of bum taps and grabs that happen in, before and after each and every game of all footy codes is insane. My gripe is the way in which a Shitney journo framed his questions around race and younger teammates ( When Short and Chol arrived at the club at the same time!) on a sport he's got no bloody idea about. And then you've got the likes of Harris joining in the pile on, who is living in a glass house given AFLW players regularly try and temp test team mates....

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm

I played footy for years and it’s normal behaviour in a team environment, if it went too far they’d probably get a clip. Is it a good look for kids? Probably not. Is it sexual assault? I’d say definitely not. Is Hugh Riminton a flog? Yes.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 pm

cobby wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:56 pm
rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:45 pm
The amount of bum taps and grabs that happen in, before and after each and every game of all footy codes is insane. My gripe is the way in which a Shitney journo framed his questions around race and younger teammates ( When Short and Chol arrived at the club at the same time!) on a sport he's got no bloody idea about. And then you've got the likes of Harris joining in the pile on, who is living in a glass house given AFLW players regularly try and temp test team mates....
Very homoerotic sporting codes. The questions were poorly asked but he was fine to call out the behaviour. I saw no issue with Harris’s tweets unless she is personally doing the same to her teammates.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm
I played footy for years and it’s normal behaviour in a team environment, if it went too far they’d probably get a clip. Is it a good look for kids? Probably not. Is it sexual assault? I’d say definitely not. Is Hugh Riminton a flog? Yes.
Footy culture is toxic and this shouldn’t be normalised.

Troy McLure

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:04 pm

I’ve spent the last 5 years involved in junior footy as coach and on the committee, a great environment for all kids and families alike. Even senior footy is great, certain elements might be toxic as you say but a lot less now than years past.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:04 pm
I’ve spent the last 5 years involved in junior footy as coach and on the committee, a great environment for all kids and families alike. Even senior footy is great, certain elements might be toxic as you say but a lot less now than years past.
I’ve had a bit of involvement in footy as well I do agree there is great aspects especially at junior level. Just think the behaviour exhibited is a lot more common than people realise.

Young people do make mistakes though and shouldn’t be completely persecuted.

Troy McLure

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm

But the behaviour that you’re talking about, what is it? Young blokes tend to stuff up occasionally, I know I did but it’s part of growth I reckon. Those Richmond players get publicly shamed in some cases for something that was pretty harmless. Just another storm in a teacup.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm
But the behaviour that you’re talking about, what is it? Young blokes tend to stuff up occasionally, I know I did but it’s part of growth I reckon. Those Richmond players get publicly shamed in some cases for something that was pretty harmless. Just another storm in a teacup.
When they enter the AFL system it’s made clear what’s expected of them and how their actions are scrutinised. Like it or not they are at work if I done the same I would be sacked so yes I can be forgiving due to their age but they need to accept the public shaming.

By your line of thinking the Catholic Church can justify the abuse of children as pretty harmless...

Troy McLure

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:26 pm

I hear what you’re saying but that was a very minor thing. They are young and immature and should know better because they are taught all about the pitfalls of public scrutiny. People are too quick to pile on anyone who stuffs up even if it’s minor. Community standards are changing so fast that it’s hard to keep up now.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”