When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

SnapperRapper
Has liked: 4 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by SnapperRapper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 pm
DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:04 pm
Attitudes like this is what gets more people killed than died in Vietnam.
Yeah, yeah, I just want to kill old people right? FFS :dn:
One more time, where is the evidence.
You must not be paying attention to the recent outbreaks in Tassie hospital or the aged care home in western Sydney, or the psych joint in Victoria. I'm not here to spoon feed you if you just keep your fingers in your ears.

SnapperRapper,
Keep drinking the Kool Aid, there can only be one way to skin a cat. FWIW, I have never advocated we do nothing, but I am not buying the house arrest bulls*it as the be all and end all. Sure it's a minority view, but so what?
We're still waiting for you to produce your evidence Stumpjumper and to tell the world your plan to fix it. Come on man.... you could win a Nobel prize!
...surely you not avoiding it.... :nw:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:51 pm

making this a left/right argument

left , , , , right , , , , left , , , , right

ping pong.JPG

I think in conclusion, the statement you guys are searching for is , , , , "We agree , , , , to disagree" , , , , respectfully of course :tu:

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , when it comes to ping pong, Bugatti pongs more than he pings :o_0:

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Left right left right, don’t fall for this **** that you’re either one or the other. It does my head in when people fall into line like this. My dad voted ALP all of his life so I do too or I grew up in Hawthorn so I vote Liberal every time. That smacks of ignorance to me. Make your mind up on what YOU think is best for the Country/State and vote accordingly. I could search the net for stupid things said or done from either side of politics quite easily here or overseas but it proves little. I’m getting frustrated from the stricter Victorian restrictions but anybody can rightly point to the stats and I find it hard to argue. My brother spent today catching one of everything in Mackay today while I’m gardening again in Melbourne. Doesn’t make sense but I don’t remember reading that it has to.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:14 am

SnapperRapper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:15 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 pm
DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:04 pm
Attitudes like this is what gets more people killed than died in Vietnam.
Yeah, yeah, I just want to kill old people right? FFS :dn:
One more time, where is the evidence.
You must not be paying attention to the recent outbreaks in Tassie hospital or the aged care home in western Sydney, or the psych joint in Victoria. I'm not here to spoon feed you if you just keep your fingers in your ears.

SnapperRapper,
Keep drinking the Kool Aid, there can only be one way to skin a cat. FWIW, I have never advocated we do nothing, but I am not buying the house arrest bulls*it as the be all and end all. Sure it's a minority view, but so what?
We're still waiting for you to produce your evidence Stumpjumper and to tell the world your plan to fix it. Come on man.... you could win a Nobel prize!
...surely you not avoiding it.... :nw:
I will second your nomination of Stumpjumper for the Nobel Prize - but for 2021 as the deadline for this year (2020) Nobel Prizes have passed in February.

Looking at it as glass half empty - Stumpjumer still have 9 months left to come up with the good :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:24 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:51 pm

left , , , , right , , , , left , , , , right

ping pong.JPG
This whole thread feels a bit like that.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:07 am

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:42 pm
Left right left right, don’t fall for this **** that you’re either one or the other. It does my head in when people fall into line like this. My dad voted ALP all of his life so I do too or I grew up in Hawthorn so I vote Liberal every time. That smacks of ignorance to me. Make your mind up on what YOU think is best for the Country/State and vote accordingly. I could search the net for stupid things said or done from either side of politics quite easily here or overseas but it proves little. I’m getting frustrated from the stricter Victorian restrictions but anybody can rightly point to the stats and I find it hard to argue. My brother spent today catching one of everything in Mackay today while I’m gardening again in Melbourne. Doesn’t make sense but I don’t remember reading that it has to.
Did you actually read the thread?
DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Yes, Queenslanders are allowed to go fishing under a Labor Government. Guess what else? Victoria's population density is 26.11 people per square kilometre. Queenslands is 2.76. This is just 10.57%. Assuming the number of fishos per capita is roughly equal, that means that there is 1 in 10 the number of people fishing in the same space. Here is the link again in case you missed it the first time.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/whi ... ation.html
cobby wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm
They have far more freedoms with regards to recreation, have issued less fines (850odd at the 16th) and yet they've got almost identical case figures to our apparent first class response.....
This is correct. And with almost 10% of the population density, less strict social distancing has led to an almost identical number of cases per 100,000 residents. Thank you for pointing that out, you are correct, the number of infections is the same despite there being 1 person in Queensland for every 10 people in Victoria sharing the same amount of space. This actually re-enforces my point.

Then from a response from an actual Queenslander
saph wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:02 pm
DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:43 pm
cobby wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm
Annastacia Cheppallet didn't issue a press release on a Sunday night saying any non essential business or service must close with absolutely no details as to what falls into that category. And you know what? Cheppallets government still allows local waters fishing and fishing related boating along with necessary boating to get supplies (last one admittedly doesn't exactly apply down here as such). Her government still allows golf to continue, and not once did it ban human powered watercraft exercise.
Yes, Queenslanders are allowed to go fishing under a Labor Government.

and now a queenslander chimes in, while yes we can still go fishing its asked to be for food only and by ourself or with people from the same house no exemptions, all other restrictions and rules apply, if you are fishing for fun the police have full powers to warn and fine you.
Seriously. Instead of screaming 'THEY ALL THE SAME' actually read what's been written.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 am

I’m not suggesting they’re all the same and despite my frustration at certain restrictions the results speak for themselves. I don’t see this as a left or right side of politics argument, far from it in fact. I was pointing out people’s political bias affecting their judgment on these restrictions, maybe it wasn’t that clear but that was the intention.
Also I’m not sure if comparing population per square kilometre is an accurate stat , the south east of Queensland is heavily populated while the majority is pretty much empty.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 am

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:21 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:03 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:47 pm
Whenever they do lift the ban, the first day the ramps open is going to be a nightmare. Pretty sure i will give it a miss for a day or two.
True.
Local water water ways ,will that go by council area you live in i.e wyndham city or hobson bay council and you can only use ramp in that council.

Plety of outer suburbs people will pissed off.
I think I'll stay away for the first week atleast, tempers will flare quite easily I recon as it's been a while since people have been out fishing.
I've waited this long if its only another few weeks to wait till the rush subsides then so be it.

I can see tb2f going to loose their mind if the local waterway only rule applies lmaooooo....
He will be fishing Melton weir :rf: :rf: :rf:

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 am

Daniel the commie state leader. This guy is a joke and so are the lot of you who voted for him. :te:

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:11 am

This is getting pretty hard now. Being stuck home with young kids is hard. Not being able to even go for a drive down the beach is extreme and not scientifically important in virus control. We'll probably lose more young people to suicide than we save in elderly or immune compromised people.

I don't see this being sustained much longer. I'm struggling and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Return to “General”