When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm
How about the fact that NSW had the Ruby Princess moment?
Depending on who you believe, the Ruby Princess was allowed to dock by either Borderfarce, controlled by Dutton and the Federal Liberal Party, or the NSW government, controlled by Gladys and the state liberal party.

Stumpjumper wrote:
Add that to Victoria's tally or remove it from NSW's tally and it all looks a lot different and not favourable to Vic at all.
But we don 't have too, because it didn't dock in Victoria. "What if" moments like this are pure conjecture and bear absolutely no significance in the argument you're attempting to build.

Stumpjumper wrote:
The Fed CHO was showing the latest modelling and graphs based on actual Australian figures the other day and it clearly showed what flattened 'the curve' was proper quarantine and border control measures....all this stay at home lockdown stuff has had a minimal effect.
This is objectively wrong and i challenge you to produce a reliable source that says otherwise.

You've managed to say two completely different things within two posts of each other.
Stumpjumper wrote:
all this stay at home lockdown stuff has had a minimal effect.
Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:19 pm
Here we go again, physical distancing and basic hygiene are what stop transmission.
Which one is it?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Here we go again, physical distancing and basic hygiene are what stop transmission.
Obviously physical distancing and hygiene reduce community transmission but you know what else is massively effective when done in conjunction with those measures? Making people immobile. There simply isn't a strong enough level of compliance with social distancing and hygiene to effectively stop community spread, and besides, even if there was complete compliance these measures still aren't enough, social distancing and hygiene cannot completely nullify the spread as people are still making incidental direct and indirect contact. Immobilising people is not only much easier to enforce and massively reduces contact between individuals, limiting the virus' ability to spread.
Combinations of other mitigation measures with home lockdown are the most effective way of reducing spread, as per this study.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf
This article condenses the study into easy reading
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/ ... s-covid19/

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:39 pm
..............This is objectively wrong and i challenge you to produce a reliable source that says otherwise.

You've managed to say two completely different things within two posts of each other.
Stumpjumper wrote:
Stumpjumper wrote:
Which one is it?
Which one is it? They are two separate things. As to a source of my above comments, I watched the PM and CHO's address on TV on Thursday, sorry I don't keep recordings.

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm
DougieK wrote:
..............This is objectively wrong and i challenge you to produce a reliable source that says otherwise.

Stumpjumper wrote:
Stumpjumper wrote:
Which one is it?
Which one is it? They are two separate things. As to a source of my above comments, I watched the PM and CHO's address on TV on Thursday, sorry I don't keep recordings.
Where is your evidence that the stay at home lockdown stuff has 'minimal effect'.

It's a simple question, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I want to know where it has come from.

Does anyone have a link to this PM and CHO address? Does anyone have any, literally any, actual supporting evidence that staying at home has a 'minimal effect'. Literally any single piece of objective evidence.

Because at the moment this is the same person telling me about it that is defending Trumps talking about drinking or injecting disinfectant to 'flush out the lungs'.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

SnapperRapper
Has liked: 4 times

Post by SnapperRapper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm
DougieK wrote:

Stumpjumper wrote:
Stumpjumper wrote:
Which one is it?
Um..... Physical distancing and requiring people to stay at home unless otherwise necessary IS the same thing. It is about reducing the incidences of people being in contact with others. DougieK is correct Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:00 pm

SnapperRapper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 pm
Um..... Physical distancing and requiring people to stay at home unless otherwise necessary IS the same thing. It is about reducing the incidences of people being in contact with others. DougieK is correct Stumpjumper
No it's not one and the same mate, you can be practising physical distancing beyond Dougie's wildest dreams down most any river on a solo fish or a hunt up the hills. You can have a reasonable number of immediate family at a funeral too, or heaven forbid at Bunnings on a Saturday morning. And yet, the outbreaks we've had are not traced back to Bondi beach, or Bunnings, or local supermarkets...they seem to be at aged care facilities, hospitals etc.

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:00 pm
SnapperRapper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 pm
No it's not one and the same mate, you can be practising physical distancing beyond Dougie's wildest dreams down most any river on a solo fish or a hunt up the hills. You can have a reasonable number of immediate family at a funeral too, or heaven forbid at Bunnings on a Saturday morning. And yet, the outbreaks we've had are not traced back to Bondi beach, or Bunnings, or local supermarkets...they seem to be at aged care facilities, hospitals etc.
Attitudes like this is what gets more people killed than died in Vietnam.

One more time, where is the evidence.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

SnapperRapper
Has liked: 4 times

Post by SnapperRapper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Well, I for one am mightily impressed with Stumpjumper! He is an expert in medicine, law, politics and philosophy.
So just to help out us poor mortals Stumpjumper .... where is your evidence? and perhaps you would like to let us know what you would have done or not done if you were the Prime Minister. A list of dot points would be good.... call it the 'Experts Guide to dealing with COVID19' ... by Stumpjumper. You could have a positive impact on the entire world... a Nobel prize awaits! :tu:

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Seriously... more people than Vietnam.

Think about every movie, every book, every song you ever saw read or heard about the Vietnam war, and this is killing more people because of morons like this. It's only a matter of time until it eclipses the world wars. The US need to do something, and do it now.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

ango

Post by ango » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:18 pm

I must be very prescient because I have been practicing social distancing for years, when someone anchors too close I let them know by telling them to f--k off and find their own bit of water. It especially pisses me off when I have sounded around, got the berley in the water and finally start catching them. PPB in November, when hooked up I have to keep the rod buried in the water as boats come past or they anchor right next to me, anyway, I don't bother much in PPB any more, rather fish the Gippsland Lakes. I can't understand the ban, 1 case only in East Gippsland and every one has to put their lives on hold, total bulls--t.
Cheers
Ango.

Return to “General”