Camping Regulations Q's Lake Tyers

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Camping Regulations Q's Lake Tyers

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 am

Hi everyone,

After all this blows over and we can go back to living our lives, I would love to go on a camping/fishing trip to lake tyers. However, there are a few things I'm confused about:

1. Can I just rock up to anywhere I want in/around the lake and set up a camp? Or does it have to be on a designated campground?

2. Are fires allowed?

Also, is it productive to walk the edges of the lake casting plastics or is there a better tactic?

Cheers

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Camping Regulations Q's Lake Tyers

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:42 am

A quick look at Wiki Camps and it shows that there are a number of free camp sites on the eastern side, which do allow fires.

I am not too sure about bush camping.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 am

Not sure about the first 2 Q’s as I’ve always stayed at the caravan park because I’m soft and like hot showers. There are camp grounds around the lake though. I have seen many old fires around the lakes edges so I guess people have them.

Fishing the edges is productive. Boat is better as you can cover so much ground. Neither is great when the thin green weed is everywhere as it has been on my last few trips.

My mate got a couple of flatties by keeping the soft plastic (motor oil green zman curl tail grub) just above the weed. He Never hit the bottom. Slow as he could with a few jerks for animation. He was only trying to stay out of the weed and was only expecting to catch tailor. Not a retrieve I would normally think works on flatties.

MasterBaiter24

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:21 pm

skronkman wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 am
Not sure about the first 2 Q’s as I’ve always stayed at the caravan park because I’m soft and like hot showers. There are camp grounds around the lake though. I have seen many old fires around the lakes edges so I guess people have them.

Fishing the edges is productive. Boat is better as you can cover so much ground. Neither is great when the thin green weed is everywhere as it has been on my last few trips.

My mate got a couple of flatties by keeping the soft plastic (motor oil green zman curl tail grub) just above the weed. He Never hit the bottom. Slow as he could with a few jerks for animation. He was only trying to stay out of the weed and was only expecting to catch tailor. Not a retrieve I would normally think works on flatties.
You reckon it would be a good idea to ask parks Vic for the first two questions?

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:30 pm

MasterBaiter24 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:21 pm

You reckon it would be a good idea to ask parks Vic for the first two questions?
Definitely.
They're the source of truth.
Let us know, pretty keen to know too.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 am

Can’t hurt to ask them.

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:26 pm

https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/places-to- ... ,-d-,p,-d-,
Go here to find out. Yes there are bush camps.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 pm

If you dont mind paying a small fee (i think it was about $10), the Wiki Camps app is far and away the best resource i have ever used for finding camping areas. I use it all the time to research upcoming trips, most sites will have fairly up to date info posted by users. I can pretty much throw away the $100's of dollars of camp site books that i have.

And no, i dont have anything to do with them. I just dont mind talking up a good product when i use one.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:55 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 pm
If you dont mind paying a small fee (i think it was about $10), the Wiki Camps app is far and away the best resource i have ever used for finding camping areas. I use it all the time to research upcoming trips, most sites will have fairly up to date info posted by users. I can pretty much throw away the $100's of dollars of camp site books that i have.

And no, i dont have anything to do with them. I just dont mind talking up a good product when i use one.
wiki cams is what we use when travelling in the motorhome. It is an excellent app
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

MasterBaiter24

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:30 pm
MasterBaiter24 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Definitely.
They're the source of truth.
Let us know, pretty keen to know too.
Yeah, bushcamping is on, fires are allowed but only when its not a total fire ban provided you take safety precautions

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”