When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by Stumpjumper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:01 pm

HeHe....gonna get out my Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon CD now and give it a run.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:04 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:28 pm
Spotify has thrown up a few rippers for this whole debacle. This one's for stumpy
"Free
Yeah, I'm free
From your inciting
You can't brainwash me
You've got a problem
Free
Yeah, I'm free
From society
You can't control me
I'm a defector"

And one that's slightly overdramatic...
"They'll never do what you want them to
Give it up and watch them break through
It's too late for a revolution
Brace for the final solution
Thought contagion"

Did Matt Bellamy travel back from right now to 2015 and 2018 to write those 2?

Conspiracies!
I once heard someone describe Muse as what a rock band from the future would be like.. maybe they were right.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:07 am

Yeah most of their lyrics are very Orwillian/matrix like this from 2001
Break me in, teach us to cheat
And to lie, cover up
What shouldn't be shared
And the truth's unwinding
Scraping away at my mind
Please stop asking me to describe

Even their live shows are full of it, a fat cat banker showering the audience with fake cash for half a song before being 'shot' by Matt's guitar at the end, robots marching over shadows of people Tiananmen style, shadows marching up stairwells while a computerised voice broadcasts anticapitalist messaging, then when it gets to the word unsustainable split seconds of darkness, the 3 visual pillars split to reveal the band as the shadows fall to their deaths as the opening song of the set.

ango

Post by ango » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 am

Dictator Dan’s banning of fishing and boating while allowing other activities is arbitrary and inconsistent with the other states. It enrages me that Dictator Dan sees fit to put my life is on hold, I have a deep suspicion of the efforts to shut down daily life to slow the spread of corona virus, the stay-at-home orders are overreach. Everybody I know has a growing frustration with life under lockdown and it won’t be long before they say to Dictator Dan, “up your Khyber Pass” and start to openly defy the bans, (while maintaining social distance of course).

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 am

ango wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 am
Dictator Dan’s banning of fishing and boating while allowing other activities is arbitrary and inconsistent with the other states. It enrages me that Dictator Dan sees fit to put my life is on hold, I have a deep suspicion of the efforts to shut down daily life to slow the spread of corona virus, the stay-at-home orders are overreach. Everybody I know has a growing frustration with life under lockdown and it won’t be long before they say to Dictator Dan, “up your Khyber Pass” and start to openly defy the bans, (while maintaining social distance of course).

Although I personally agree with the restrictions in place (but then I live in South Australia). I agree that with the inequity for Victorians (including the ban on Golfing and so forth) that this is going to "speed up" social unrest. Which unfortunately might have a negative effect on what is being tried to be achieved.

The media do point out the inequity quite often. Which is more for selling stories rather than addressing the issue, which seems to enrage more than it addresses.

Sam Newman's stunt is only going to speed up and give more momentum to the Social Dissident Movement. He has a point but inflaming the situation with stunts might not be the best course of action.

sam newman.JPG

I really do feel for you guys :tu:

If you guys do band together and appropriately address the issue, try not to do it in Pyjama Pants

Sam Pajama Pants.JPG

Regards, Bugatti

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 am
Sam Newman's stunt is only going to speed up and give more momentum to the Social Dissident Movement. He has a point but inflaming the situation with stunts might not be the best course of action.
I disagree, should be more of it.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:55 am

Bugatti wrote:
Regards, Bugatti
I'm no Sam Newman fan but I did think he was pointing out a fare case - probably quite a few on this site have played golf and really it's pretty easy to self distance from others doing so
in other states it's legal and just a couple of small mods 2 per group and not sharing carts - any golfer would easy go along with that

just like fishing it's easy to stay clear of others ( maybe not on piers )

Hunting I know guys that hunt they don't do it in groups

I plan to get out for a paddle now we can do that - up untill a couple of days back kayaking was also off limits even as exercise - so even without fishing I will be able to stay match fit for when we can
might be able to burn off the 4 kg I've gained over the last couple of weeks ---
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Sam Newman must be suffering from attention deprivation.
I should organize for a plumber to go give him the attention he deserves.
pedro

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:43 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:55 am
Bugatti wrote:
Regards, Bugatti
I'm no Sam Newman fan but I did think he was pointing out a fare case - probably quite a few on this site have played golf and really it's pretty easy to self distance from others doing so
in other states it's legal and just a couple of small mods 2 per group and not sharing carts - any golfer would easy go along with that

just like fishing it's easy to stay clear of others ( maybe not on piers )

Hunting I know guys that hunt they don't do it in groups

I plan to get out for a paddle now we can do that - up untill a couple of days back kayaking was also off limits even as exercise - so even without fishing I will be able to stay match fit for when we can
might be able to burn off the 4 kg I've gained over the last couple of weeks ---

Are we allowed to paddle out a yak? Man I'll be happy just to do that, bought a new yak 3 weeks before the lockdown and have been itching to take it out for a test run. Also installed my lowrance fishfinder and want to see if it works properly too.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Kenle wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:43 pm
Are we allowed to paddle out a yak? Man I'll be happy just to do that, bought a new yak 3 weeks before the lockdown and have been itching to take it out for a test run. Also installed my lowrance fishfinder and want to see if it works properly too.
yes as of the 16/4/20 Canoe - kayak - paddle boarding and other human powered craft are now classed as exercise
I don't think they wont us to travel to far to get to a launching spot so keep that in mind

And thats still no fishing - I at this stage plan to go down a quick 5 km paddle tomorrow , I have a small corse marked out I do for fitness training and will use my sea kayak - it's both quicker than ether of my fishing kayaks and easier to get to the water at 18 kg I can carry it easy enough
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “General”