Another local closes its doors..

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Another local closes its doors..

Post by saph » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 am

Brett wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 pm
even recommended products that are not related to his sponsors. I was really surprised when I caught up with him in store at mornington and hit him up for some advice, changed my view towards him. He was actually in there getting something for someone and I hit him up out of the blue, so in reality he could have just fobbed me off and went on his way, instead he went out of his way to help.

All people are like this with sponsors since on camera they have to push their sponsors gear yet off screen with 0 camera's on him recording for national and even international tv they dont.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:12 am

Look guys I still stand by my comments of rather being in a room talking fishing with Lee. On the other hand if Paul brings Cristy along then that's another story! :gj:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:18 pm
4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if that new joint in Melton follows suit fairly soon. It's a pretty **** time to be in retail and the indications are that it will only get worse.
Places like BCF and Anaconda have some massive deals on most of the time, let be realistic here. Sadly the little guys can’t compete price wise because of buying power. It’s real fishos that support those smaller stores. In saying that you can’t blame the average person for going to the bigger stores for best price either. Let’s not even start on the variety of gear now days offered online.
That’s just a symptom of the problem in retail too. The big stores are getting squeezed just as much, they just have bigger margins to eat into to try and bring in customers.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sebb
Has liked: 3020 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:21 am

4liters wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:18 pm
4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if that new joint in Melton follows suit fairly soon. It's a pretty **** time to be in retail and the indications are that it will only get worse.
Places like BCF and Anaconda have some massive deals on most of the time, let be realistic here. Sadly the little guys can’t compete price wise because of buying power. It’s real fishos that support those smaller stores. In saying that you can’t blame the average person for going to the bigger stores for best price either. Let’s not even start on the variety of gear now days offered online.
That’s just a symptom of the problem in retail too. The big stores are getting squeezed just as much, they just have bigger margins to eat into to try and bring in customers.
Then bad cash flow, unable to get new stock, unable to pay their staff, less customers... And kaput... Unfortunately.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 am

Without being rude about it, I literally didn't know this shop existed.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:38 pm

I am also a big fan of Hook On in Hoppers Crossing, but as someone else said it can be hard when there is a BCF right across the road and Anaconda one block further up.

I like to support the little guy as much as possible, but i am not made of money and quite often the prices offered at BCF and Anaconda are just too good to pass up. As i posted about in my thread the other day i got $75 worth of gear for $25 over the weekend at BCF. Im happy to spend a little more at Hooked On, but a saving of 70% is going to win me over every day of the week.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “General”