Premium Members

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 389 times

Re: Premium Members

Post by fishingvic » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 pm

canned_tuna wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:52 pm
So I took the plunge and became a premium member...…….what happens now? Do I need to wait a certain time period until I see my shiny new badge? Or do I have to activate some sort of code? Im super keen :-D
Hi canned_tuna,

It appears your Paypal email address is DIFFERENT from your Fishing Vic registered email address.

There is no way for me to tell who the payment is from if your email addresses are different.

Thanks for your support mate and I have now upgraded your account. :gj:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Thats correct, it is....only way I can hide spendings from the Mrs.......... :o_0:

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 am

We should have the reports moved to premium members or at least a reports section set up in there. I think a lot of guys would be more comfortable putting up reports for the true FV crew.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 am
We should have the reports moved to premium members or at least a reports section set up in there. I think a lot of guys would be more comfortable putting up reports for the true FV crew.
While that statement holds true, I feel admin rely on public reports for site traffic purposes and advertising

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 am
While that statement holds true, I feel admin rely on public reports for site traffic purposes and advertising
You may be right - but it seems to me that the threads that get the most attention on here (and the ones that get linked from google etc) are the ones where people ask a question about a type of fishing, an area etc... They in general generate more responses than the reports which get a few likes and hell yeahs.

No one is giving away GPS marks in their reports so all they are really good for is giving fisho's an idea of whats happening at that current time. They don't really provide much use a month down the track.

Moving reports to the premium members area might possibly create more of a 'community' vibe where people are more comfortable sharing with other fisho's in the same boat.... not every man and his boat.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:19 am

/\ maybe that's another discussion that admin and members need to have to see if it benefits the site and traffic or not..

The information provided by reports from members is obviously valuable to everyone reading it and provided at no cost. It may be the cause of regular non member traffic to the site, but that's something only the admin can evaluate.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:32 am

I'd personally like to see the recent topics list hidden from public view

Make it viewable by logged in users only

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Is it possible to restrict the access of "Boating & Marine - GPS Marks" to Premium Members only?.....doesn't seem to get used very much, so it's not going to affect anything.
People could post their reports as normal, but they'll have an option to link their gps marks in a restricted area.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Is it possible to restrict the access of "Boating & Marine - GPS Marks" to Premium Members only?.....doesn't seem to get used very much, so it's not going to affect anything.
People could post their reports as normal, but they'll have an option to link their gps marks in a restricted area.
I've got the best wrasse mark in all of western port, not too keen on giving it out willy nilly.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:48 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm
I've got the best wrasse mark in all of western port, not too keen on giving it out willy nilly.
PM me....I'll show you mine if you show me yours :bn:

Return to “General”