Rock life

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Rock life

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm

DougieK wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 pm
Whoa!! thats a crazy ledge alright..
did the stairway get cut into the rock walls specifically for LBG purposes, or was there another reason for it to be there?
Specifically. There was another famous one that parks dynamited a few years back a couple of hundred km's away after two knobs got themselves in trouble out there.

I doubt i'll go back to this one, way way way to risky and the fishing was no better than off Cape Schanck. Cool place to go once though.
far out!! thats a job of epic proportions trying to carve a way through that rock face just for access.
im guessing then the fishing must have been decent enough for them to even go to all that effort.
obviously a few faces involved getting it happening on the low.. respect though for who ever it was doing it, thats some dangerous terrain to be working in with tools.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Great photos and info it's amazing the lengths people will go to around the limestone cliffs west of torquay to the sa border there must be 100's of potential spots that require little to no swell which is rare west of Cape Otway.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 pm
Great photos and info it's amazing the lengths people will go to around the limestone cliffs west of torquay to the sa border there must be 100's of potential spots that require little to no swell which is rare west of Cape Otway.
There is one that i've literally managed to fish 3 times in 3 years because I haven't had the chance to even set foot on it.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Sensational stuff, mate; what's the biggest fish you've caught off the rocks in Vic?

(Just realised the forum timestamps are out of whack by some...)

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Looks insane.

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm

Folks,
I came across this you tube channel that shows some thrilling footage of Rock Fishing WA style.

https://youtu.be/YQAX7P-Guog

https://youtu.be/Ky4T0ZtD2I0

These boys are absolutley mad, but kudos to them, they have put in an effort to locate a stunning location and have reaped the rewards. I'm still not sure if its one part fearless, one part skill, and one part stupid....Take a look, and judge for yourself

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:28 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm
Folks,
I came across this you tube channel that shows some thrilling footage of Rock Fishing WA style.

These boys are absolutley mad, but kudos to them, they have put in an effort to locate a stunning location and have reaped the rewards. I'm still not sure if its one part fearless, one part skill, and one part stupid....Take a look, and judge for yourself
Pretty cool. I guess its more than just rock fishing when you’re
Ab sailing down cliffs at that point.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm
Folks,

These are the iconic balls in Rundle Mall, Adelaide

Rundle Mall Balls.PNG

Seems that there are two sets larger than these in Western Australia

That fishing is intense , , , , I would definitely give it a go , , , , only thing is, I'b be the guy waiting at the car holding the water bottles :-D

Cheers, Bugz

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am

Hey all,

I don't seem to be able to log in from overseas.

Got back late last night so apologies for how long it's taken me to respond.

Gido is a monster. The Dixon brothers are sponsored by busted and make some awesome vids as well. The early Morningtide Fishing videos are by far my biggest influence but I love watching different ideas in all the different places.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am

Fishbref wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm
Sensational stuff, mate; what's the biggest fish you've caught off the rocks in Vic?

(Just realised the forum timestamps are out of whack by some...)

My first Vic King was also my biggest. 106cm and 9.8kg off the Portland lee breakwater on Australia day 2016. You can read the full report here.

viewtopic.php?f=212&t=14956

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “General”