Gunna today

Salmon

Re: Gunna today

Post by Salmon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

No need for maths. It's true, a paternoster rigs bait will always be touching the bottom in the surf. Or very close to it.
Anyways was there yesterday and caught 3 nice salmon :)

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 am

Salmon wrote: Anyways was there yesterday and caught 3 nice salmon :)
good work. :clap:

How many tons of sea weed did you haul in? :dontknow
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 am

SFP Chick wrote: Can't help a plug, why not just use a "crab stopper rig".

hehehheheh :banana:

Amanda :lolf:
Can't think of any stopper except the rolled rubber :crazy: :roflmao:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Salmon

Post by Salmon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Salmon wrote: Anyways was there yesterday and caught 3 nice salmon :)
good work. :clap:

How many tons of sea weed did you haul in? :dontknow
Thanks. If I had salad dressing I could've fed the whole beach. :p

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am

FC thank you for your wisdom on the calculative side of things!!!! I am analytical myself! The more information the better so I say thank you for sharing this.
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 am

Good lad FC. It's a pity you couldn't use your skills in mathematics to find that elusive crayfish! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 am

Well I just went down to Gunners on 24th of feb. (Sunday) To attack the Salmon. I parked in the first car park and veered to the left as I saw a rocky patch (100 metres) I set up and had 2 12ft rods 3 metres apart, using blue bait as the main attraction. I improvised on the burley side of things and chopped up a hand full at a time and mixed it with sand so when i threw it as a ball....it would go a fair distance. Still with all that preperation I did not seem to get a bite! I fished from 7pm till 9:00pm (the sunset was magical i might add)

Their was other fishermen another 300 metres from me to my left and i sent my brothers over to see if they had any luck but they too had no bites!

One thing i did notice was that on 3 or more occasions i would reel up to check on the bait after 10mins and it would have nothing on it. (Is it that a fish had taken it? or the current taken it?)

I know when somthing has taken my bait yet i saw no movement on the tip of my rod. I made sure the line was tight and not loose and i used a star sinker perfect for surf!

I just hope i did all the right things here so if any pro angler reads this and has a tip or where they thought i may have gone wrong please let me know!

cheers!
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

soulstar wrote:Well I just went down to Gunners on 24th of feb. (Sunday) To attack the Salmon. I parked in the first car park and veered to the left as I saw a rocky patch (100 metres) I set up and had 2 12ft rods 3 metres apart, using blue bait as the main attraction. I improvised on the burley side of things and chopped up a hand full at a time and mixed it with sand so when i threw it as a ball....it would go a fair distance. Still with all that preperation I did not seem to get a bite! I fished from 7pm till 9:00pm (the sunset was magical i might add)

Their was other fishermen another 300 metres from me to my left and i sent my brothers over to see if they had any luck but they too had no bites!

One thing i did notice was that on 3 or more occasions i would reel up to check on the bait after 10mins and it would have nothing on it. (Is it that a fish had taken it? or the current taken it?)

I know when somthing has taken my bait yet i saw no movement on the tip of my rod. I made sure the line was tight and not loose and i used a star sinker perfect for surf!

I just hope i did all the right things here so if any pro angler reads this and has a tip or where they thought i may have gone wrong please let me know!

cheers!
The missig bait could be crabs.

Its good to have the bait slowly moving as apposed to sititng in one area.

Try using a paternoster style rig and put a surf popper on one end and bait on the bottom.

Also, while waiting for the bait rig, try spinning with a metal lure.

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

Soulstar, sometimes all the preparation in the world wont help.

If the fish aren't there, or they're there but not hungry.. you wont catch them!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm

GummySlayer wrote:Good lad FC. It's a pity you couldn't use your skills in mathematics to find that elusive crayfish! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
next time, dont poke a big cray fish with your fishing rod. :doh1: Grab it. They dont bite. LOL :haha2: You wasted that bugger. :bat: :2guns: :2guns:

If you step on one or if they jump on your bucket, everyday is cray fish season. :tongue:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”