The 'Doon 7th & 8th Nov '15

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Rod Bender

Re: The 'Doon 7th & 8th Nov '15

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:25 am

jedgpz wrote:
Rod Bender wrote: I have heard some reports from Eildon . One report was of good yellas, that good in fact that it has caused anglers to trek across our region raiding tackle stores in search of black soft plastic grubs...apparently this is the only lure working! :(
I have heard that gulp 3" curly tail in Camo with a 1/4 ounce jig head slow rolled around the trees have been doing the damage.

I am heading there Tuesday and Wednesday next week. will let you know how we go.
To be honest, the report regarding the black SP's doing the damage, I did not take much notice of it! :) Looking forward to your report.

Here is a few of the potential 32 yellas! :Boxing: Yep...32 yabbies = 32 yellas...by my maths anyway!
cheers
Team Bender
Attachments
yabbies.jpg
yabbies.jpg (135.02 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:28 am

Rod Bender wrote:
jedgpz wrote:
Rod Bender wrote: I have heard some reports from Eildon . One report was of good yellas, that good in fact that it has caused anglers to trek across our region raiding tackle stores in search of black soft plastic grubs...apparently this is the only lure working! :(
I have heard that gulp 3" curly tail in Camo with a 1/4 ounce jig head slow rolled around the trees have been doing the damage.

I am heading there Tuesday and Wednesday next week. will let you know how we go.
To be honest, the report regarding the black SP's doing the damage, I did not take much notice of it! :) Looking forward to your report.

Here is a few of the potential 32 yellas! :Boxing: Yep...32 yabbies = 32 yellas...by my maths anyway!
cheers
Team Bender
Isn't Bonnie Doon where The Castle is, 32 yella's, Your Dream'n, cheers davo :tongue:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 am

It appears that Jims a better yabby catcher than a angler. :rofl: :a_goodjob: :cheers:

davek

Post by davek » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:43 am

malleestump wrote:It appears that Jims a better yabby catcher than a angler. :rofl: :a_goodjob: :cheers:

lol Gus ;-) ;-) cheers davo

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:47 am

Laugh it up peoples! :rofl: Cos you won't feel like laughing after next weekend after my compelling donut fest! Just remember Dave, I am backed by Megabass and Lunker City plastics! :Boxing: Can't forget large mutated chemically affected orchard worms I have as well! Suffer in your jocks!

On another note, how are you going with your yabbie exploits Drew? I was hoping to get more.
cheers
Team Megabass
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

davek

Post by davek » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

Rod Bender wrote:Laugh it up peoples! :rofl: Cos you won't feel like laughing after next weekend after my compelling donut fest! Just remember Dave, I am backed by Megabass and Lunker City plastics! :Boxing: Can't forget large mutated chemically affected orchard worms I have as well! Suffer in your jocks!

On another note, how are you going with your yabbie exploits Drew? I was hoping to get more.
cheers
Team Megabass
I agree, large mutated chemically affected orchard worms would Suffer in your jocks, :super: cheers davo

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:19 am

Not sure how my yabbys are going bender.You see i dont actually do the yabbying,i get my people to do it for me :thumbsup:

There farmers, so it gives them a break from bitchin & moaning about the weather,water,milk price & the fact they havent had a new hilux or bought a neighbours farm for 2 years.

It's good therapy for them,they can ***** about getting yabbys for me :notworthy:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:17 pm

I had 15 goldfish given to me, recon anyone will say anything if I use them as bait?

davek

Post by davek » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:45 pm

Your 32 yella's inspired me to go out this arvo and get 3 dozen or so yabbies. Now I've gotta keep them alive for a week.
Brett I won't say anything about the :fish22: but your boys might, cheers davo

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:10 pm

davek wrote: Your 32 yella's inspired me to go out this arvo and get 3 dozen or so yabbies. Now I've gotta keep them alive for a week.
cheers davo

It's not hard, I've got some in a bait bucket like yours, with my fishtank air pump going into it, they have survived since the cod trip, like that :super:
Just through in a few small bits of carrot for the week.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”