Disappointing

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
sasquatch972
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Disappointing

Post by sasquatch972 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

Plas-Flicker wrote:Any of you guys ever watched a show called big angry fish?
A couple of new zeland blokes, gets more into how they go about it than brand massaging, pretty funny too.
Yes they have a big awesome boat and use good gear but they rarely mention sponsors and a lot of their fishing is nuts and bolt fishing, bait, tackle and locations.
Saw one episode where they were standing waist deep in a creek with a 4foot dinghy (to keep some gear in) and were catching big snapper in a few feet of water. It's a good watch and not about this brand or that brand.
yeah I watch it, its on One every weekday @ 5pm...pretty decent show!
I myself have been subscribed to the magazine mentioned in the first post :P and thought this local suburban fishing write up was good....then flicked to the pages and thought it was rather basic and telling me what I and probably many others already knew in a few sentences...

Growlermz

Re: Disappointing

Post by Growlermz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:04 am

meppstas wrote:I agree too guys, we had a couple of fisho's here in Tasmania that started up a fishing show and it was all on local fishing of rivers and the salt water and it was great. Then they went bigger and now they're travelling all over the country with a massive boat and 4 WD fishing and I don't even bother to watch them any longer. Time they went back to basics and kept the show local for the local fisher's. That's just my thoughts any way. There's plenty of other fishing shows on the tele now to watch on fishing in most states of Australia any way.
cheers
Adrian
could not agree more with what your saying, it makes you think that with all the fishing shows out there why cant they narrow down the Australia wide fishing shows to just a couple of different shows (ifish, et fishing etc.) just so if people are interested in what fishing is available throughout Australia.

maybe if each state got on board and made a fishing show purely based on fishing in that state with a good mix of land based and boat fishing so everyone can have an interest as many people don't have boats and for those that do they don't have a boat that suits all purposes.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”