Back to the Upper Coliban

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Back to the Upper Coliban

Post by TheNix » Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 am

I went fishing at the Upper Coliban on Monday to stretch my fishing legs after the shutdown. Even on a borderline cold day I counted at least eight cars from the carpark and I didn't drive the extra click or so around to the next carpark! It was busy enough so that all my usual spots were taken. I fished for five hours or so with corn and garden and scrub works with only one hookup; a 45cm carp (on corn of course). A guy fishing the other side of the point got at least five crap while I was there, nothing else seemed to be on the chew.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Back to the Upper Coliban

Post by Boonanza » Wed May 20, 2020 5:01 pm

TheNix wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 am
I went fishing at the Upper Coliban on Monday to stretch my fishing legs after the shutdown. Even on a borderline cold day I counted at least eight cars from the carpark and I didn't drive the extra click or so around to the next carpark! It was busy enough so that all my usual spots were taken. I fished for five hours or so with corn and garden and scrub works with only one hookup; a 45cm carp (on corn of course). A guy fishing the other side of the point got at least five crap while I was there, nothing else seemed to be on the chew.
At least you got to wet a line :tu: What was the water level like?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 pm

TheNix wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 am
Always nice to get out for a fish, well done :gj: , , , , and nothing is as relaxing as bait fishing.

That corn is a good trick , , , , works on Bream too :tu:

Cheers, Bugs on the Cob :-D

TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Post by TheNix » Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 am

Boonanza wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:01 pm
At least you got to wet a line :tu: What was the water level like?
Water level's pretty good, 80+% full. I always use the Coliban water website to check the water level:

https://www.coliban.com.au/about-us/reservoir-levels
Bugatti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 pm
That corn is a good trick , , , , works on Bream too :tu:
I've also caught Rainbow trout on corn.

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 pm

I think I'll be heading up there in the next few weeks. Always seems to fish a bit better to me when the water levels are higher.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”