Yarra Valley trout on baitcast finesse (BFS) and Mepps Black Fury

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Yarra Valley trout on baitcast finesse (BFS) and Mepps Black Fury

Post by Sebb » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:48 pm

Bait Finesse System (BFS) isn't very common here in Aus. Most common use of baitcast here is usually for native fishing such as bass, barra, murray cod, and yellow belly. BFS is quite common in the US and Asia. Google or YouTube it, if you're curious.

With some research in the past months if not years of back and forth decision, I finally bought an UL baitcast rod. Majorcraft fine tail 582UL casts 1-5g. Also ordered cheap Chinese BFS reel (hasn't arrived yet), because I can't afford Daiwa Alphas Air TW nor Shimano Aldebaran.

Went to Yarra Valley area and tried new random spot found on Google map. Used Daiwa CR80 reel (not a BFS reel), casting 3g Mepps Black Fury. Took a while to get use to, birdnest and all. The rod is whippy noodle, rated fast but more like regular. Making accurate cast is so much easier. No need to flick bail arm means quicker to retrieve, very handy especially in fast running water.

Dropped two, because I didn't strike hard enough, the rod is very wobbly and ver shock absorbent, need to strike harder. Landed this fine specimen. Took some photos and released.
IMG_20220123_234629_compress67.jpg
IMG20220123095145_compress81.jpg
IMG_20220123_140518_compress97.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”