Flathead on a cracker

Flathead, common catch that tastes great!
Yowie..

Flathead on a cracker

Post by Yowie.. » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 am

Landed this tastebud teaser while on a fishing charter, it was 1 of 4 fish i caught and it was money well spent because its definitely one of my personal best catches! At first i thought it was a bloody banjo shark but then it put up one hell of a fight, drag went nuts ant almost emptied the spool and thought i was going to lose it so i took my time and didn't rush it! Had to tire this fella out.. managed to get it up onto the boat without a net belive it or not.. everyone was amazed on how big this flatty was. I would of let him go but unfortunately his didn't survive so i took him back home and had him on a cracker..
Attachments
20141025_152543.jpg

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Flathead on a cracker

Post by Sebb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am

Wow, a PB? You must've had a great time! :cheers:

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 am

Seb85 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am
Wow, a PB? You must've had a great time! :cheers:
Well i don't think ill ever catch another one like it! So it is my PB smallest flatty.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 am

Wow that definitely is a small one. My missus got one around that size as well one day while we were fishing under the Westgate.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 am

I'm in tears hahaha.
Post of the year!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Don't think I could beat that

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Yowie.. wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 am
Landed this tastebud teaser while on a fishing charter, it was 1 of 4 fish i caught and it was money well spent because its definitely one of my personal best catches! At first i thought it was a bloody banjo shark but then it put up one hell of a fight, drag went nuts ant almost emptied the spool and thought i was going to lose it so i took my time and didn't rush it! Had to tire this fella out.. managed to get it up onto the boat without a net belive it or not.. everyone was amazed on how big this flatty was. I would of let him go but unfortunately his didn't survive so i took him back home and had him on a cracker..
Is that the lure you caught it on?

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Brownie wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:54 pm
Yowie.. wrote:
Haha na the bit of squid was the lure i reckon. Must of hooked him through his head when reeling my line in. Do flattys school when there young? I dropped the ling again with him still on it to see if there was bigger fish down there eating these little guys but didn't get any interest at all so decided that if the fish wouldn't eat it then i would. Waste not want not, only kill if im going to eat it. Good bit of tucker

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 am

Yowie.. wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 pm
Brownie wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:54 pm
Yowie.. wrote:
Haha na the bit of squid was the lure i reckon. Must of hooked him through his head when reeling my line in. Do flattys school when there young? I dropped the ling again with him still on it to see if there was bigger fish down there eating these little guys but didn't get any interest at all so decided that if the fish wouldn't eat it then i would. Waste not want not, only kill if im going to eat it. Good bit of tucker
And, you can always use the skeleton of it as one of those things you use to clean between your teeth with! Versatile little suckers those. :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am

cracker.PNG

Flathead on a cracker, flathead on a cracker.
It was hungry, a real bait attacker.
It fought hard, it went like the clappers.
I wish I had two, so I can make a stacker.
I ate it on the couch, like a real lazy slacker.
It was so tasty, a real lip smacker.

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “Flathead fishing”