LB Flathead in Coota

Flathead, common catch that tastes great!
blakesirus

LB Flathead in Coota

Post by blakesirus » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am

Hi All,

Just asking if anyone knows how mallacoota has been fishing lately (not just for flatties) and if anyone knows of good land based spots that are producing please. Headed there next week.

Cheers,
Blake

M9085

Re: LB Flathead in Coota

Post by M9085 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:21 am

I’m heading there also, possibly on Tuesday. Taking kinds and s yak hoping to score some big frogs and some Bream.
So I would also like to know if the place is firing??

Windknot
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Windknot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 am

M9085

Post by M9085 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Cheers

Kennyboy
Has liked: 22 times

Post by Kennyboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm

I used to fish there regularly, both lb and boat, found the narrows to be good for both bream and flatties, caught a 55cm flattie there on live mullet.

M9085

Post by M9085 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

I assume “narrows” would’ve area between the two lakes?

blakesirus

Post by blakesirus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Mjacc

Post by Mjacc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:44 am

Just returned from there and didn't spend much time fishing the lake. The few casts I had I got smoked by a large fish on a livey, only for it to spit it out. Fishing the banks will produce quality fish on the edge of the drop offs. Top of the narrows to the left. The big fish are around its just a matter of finding them. You will have no dramas catching a flattie though anywhere around the banks. We also got a couple off karbathon jetty, to the right, casting to the bank with bait (local prawn). There are also a few gars about, not huge but we managed about 40 in an hour or so.

Offshore is the go for me, was a great trip. Until we dropped a 3 meter bronzie at the boat.... that was a very emotional day. I may do a proper write up at some stage this week

Good luck

blakesirus

Post by blakesirus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am

Mjacc wrote:Just returned from there and didn't spend much time fishing the lake. The few casts I had I got smoked by a large fish on a livey, only for it to spit it out. Fishing the banks will produce quality fish on the edge of the drop offs. Top of the narrows to the left. The big fish are around its just a matter of finding them. You will have no dramas catching a flattie though anywhere around the banks. We also got a couple off karbathon jetty, to the right, casting to the bank with bait (local prawn). There are also a few gars about, not huge but we managed about 40 in an hour or so.

Offshore is the go for me, was a great trip. Until we dropped a 3 meter bronzie at the boat.... that was a very emotional day. I may do a proper write up at some stage this week

Good luck
Thanks heaps mate! I'm only after bream and flatties so sounds good, i`ve got a 12lb leader on atm for flatties but looks like i`ll have to change to 6lb and go for bream! I'm also hoping to go offshore and try for a few gummies. Good to hear Mallacoota is fishing as it used to!

Really appreciated, Cheers

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 am

What else did you manage to get offshore? Anything worth bragging about? I'll be fishing there in march

Edit: this post was directed to mjacc

Return to “Flathead fishing”