Measure or Weight

Fishing club news, reports and notifications of upcoming fishing competitions.
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: Measure or Weight

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:47 pm

sandef wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:45 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:33 pm
We measure, been a long time since I weighed anything. I think Bream Tournaments they weigh the bag
Which club
Not a club really, just a group of us who have a few small comps.

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 pm

(puts a few sinkers in the bag)

oh hehe how did they get in there?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm

sandef wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:11 pm
hornet wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:05 pm
Regardless of club rules ever species must be measured so it's a legal size... then maybe a club bag weight comes into play..
I Know all fish have to measured just asking what other clubs do weight or measure for their comps
What matters is what the club you have joined is doing. No point in seeing what the other clubs are doing unless the current club your in is looking to improvise.

I always measure most fish. And to the tip, none of this fork bull...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm
sandef wrote:
hornet wrote:
Regardless of club rules ever species must be measured so it's a legal size... then maybe a club bag weight comes into play..
I Know all fish have to measured just asking what other clubs do weight or measure for their comps
What matters is what the club you have joined is doing. No point in seeing what the other clubs are doing unless the current club your in is looking to improvise.

Disagree if there's records that club members may be eligible for it needs to be consistent with ANSA or the IGFA depending on types of fish.
As for tip or fork I think there should be consistency across the sport for those who want to claim benchmark captures. For those just happy doing their own thing it doesn't matter.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:01 pm

n
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:34 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 am
For me personally, it all depends on species.

Whiting: measure
Flathead: measure
Gummy: weight if big, measure if for a feed
Snapper: as above
Bream: throw back and hope I don’t get another
Do you prefer length or girth?
Why not both?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:15 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 pm
purple5ive wrote:
sandef wrote:
hornet wrote:

Disagree if there's records that club members may be eligible for it needs to be consistent with ANSA or the IGFA depending on types of fish.
As for tip or fork I think there should be consistency across the sport for those who want to claim benchmark captures. For those just happy doing their own thing it doesn't matter.
Ansa igfa etc is different, if your aiming for those records then you might as well Join a club that's already supporting it.

Consistency is only good as the brag mat its being measured on, not everyone has the same one so there goes that theory.
Same with Weighing scales, unless done at a ramp its anyones guess.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:15 pm
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
sandef wrote:
hornet wrote:

Ansa igfa etc is different, if your aiming for those records then you might as well Join a club that's already supporting it.

Consistency is only good as the brag mat its being measured on, not everyone has the same one so there goes that theory.
Hence "ANSA or IGFA" maybe this group want to run their own club with it's own constitution but still compete and have legitimate records who knows. Who said anything about random brag mats? The club would have to have Calibrated Scales and Measuring tapes that are EC Class 1.

If its just between mates or some random bloke on Insta bragging it doesn't really matter.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
sandef wrote:

Who said anything about random brag mats? The club would have to have Calibrated Scales and Measuring tapes that are EC Class 1.

If its just between mates or some random bloke on Insta bragging it doesn't really matter.
I said random brag mats to prove that same point you just mentioned.
Unless it's a verified scale or tape measure it's useless for measuring in a comp.

Social fishing is different which I believe is what the OP is referring to. A social fishing club that runs comps..

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:35 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Who said anything about random brag mats? The club would have to have Calibrated Scales and Measuring tapes that are EC Class 1.

I said random brag mats to prove that same point you just mentioned.
Unless it's a verified scale or tape measure it's useless for measuring in a comp.

Social fishing is different which I believe is what the OP is referring to. A social fishing club that runs comps..
Yes but we are talking about competitions so the methods would need to be consistent and these guys may be pretty serious. Who knows but im considering getting involved in the club scene a little.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Yep. All depends on how serious things are taken I agree.
For example the pirtek one.
Everyone has to measure on the given bragmat so it's all consistent.
Weighing wise I dunno how people will get it right as scales won't be the same, and bringing fish to weigh in LIVE would be hard if its a big fish, dead fish yeah no worries can be brought in and weighed on the club scales
All depends what the club wants to do.

Clubs are good if its a good genuine one, a few ive seen seem to be a disguise for a pissup party from what I've seen.

Return to “Victorian Fishing Clubs”