cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: 2021 Snapper Season

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:20 am

fishnut wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:59 pm
bowl wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:12 pm
Think on my first few trips I'll concentrate on finding bait balls on sounder and catching fresh bait..
Not going to target snapper till October, stick to the squid ext .

Planing to take a week off work in October.....
Last season there was that much bait in the bay I could not get a single snapper on fresh or live yakka or slimeys
Only got them on silvers and squid heads
last season whiting heads seam to do the trick for me up in the top end of the muddy pond - squid only seams to work catching the whiting up there -- sort of a win win thing though

and I havent started to get snapper fever it's the same gear I use for gummies anyway and normally I fish for then all over winter so the gear is always ready to go
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:07 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:05 pm
Has anyone else started prepping for this years Snapper Season or is it just me?
It's looking like we'll be in and out of lockdowns until Christmas so I'm thinking I'll start hitting the water whenever I can regardless of the water temp (fingers crossed in the next week or 2!)
So did you stock up on the genuine reedy’s this year or going for born2fush’s run out stock, never to be seen again VENOOOM rigs?

Why pay full price.
I've given up on the Reedy Rigs, cant justify spending $14....going by his videos, Reedy doesnt seem to use his flasher rigs either.
Pretty sure born2fish is only selling tackle to launder money ;-)

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:07 pm
I’m a lazy p****, and generally just get everything ready the night before. Snapper season is overrated anyway 🤷‍♂️
Snapper season is awesome...it's when all the agro fishermen come out to play!
Have you bought a boat yet?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:29 am

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 am
Kimtown wrote:
I’m a lazy p****, and generally just get everything ready the night before. Snapper season is overrated anyway 🤷‍♂️
Nahhhh not yet, I’m trying to be a little more savvy with my money and a lot less wasteful (which isn’t really working out too well). I’ve got plenty of family and friends with boats who I’m more than happy to mooch off for the time being until I buy another 😂

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:29 am
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Nahhhh not yet, I’m trying to be a little more savvy with my money and a lot less wasteful (which isn’t really working out too well). I’ve got plenty of family and friends with boats who I’m more than happy to mooch off for the time being until I buy another 😂
Lol...the best boat is someone else's

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:32 am

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:29 am
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Lol...the best boat is someone else's
Truer words have not been spoken

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:44 am

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:07 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Has anyone else started prepping for this years Snapper Season or is it just me?
It's looking like we'll be in and out of lockdowns until Christmas so I'm thinking I'll start hitting the water whenever I can regardless of the water temp (fingers crossed in the next week or 2!)
So did you stock up on the genuine reedy’s this year or going for born2fush’s run out stock, never to be seen again VENOOOM rigs?

Why pay full price.
I've given up on the Reedy Rigs, cant justify spending $14....going by his videos, Reedy doesnt seem to use his flasher rigs either.
Pretty sure born2fish is only selling tackle to launder money ;-)

Speaking to the rumours, from what I'm hearing/been shown the big reds have already started showing up on the Bellarine with these consistent N winds and warmer days.

Heard words of a 4.5kg red caught from Portarlington on squid during the N winds last week, and a few more nice fish being caught this-morning with todays 40KM N wind. Queenscliff harbour is having a mix of trevally and pan sized fish.

I've tried a bit of both rigs (didn't pay, received both as a gift from a retailer, they're alright but for the price I'd rather buy brand hooks and make my own rigs. I think good bait presentation makes a bigger difference than a flasher.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:07 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Why pay full price.
Crusher did not last long.
https://youtu.be/Ys7IifPtW7A
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:25 pm

bowl wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:07 pm
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Why pay full price.
Crusher did not last long.
https://youtu.be/Ys7IifPtW7A
Yeah mate he upgraded to a better boat

Sebb
Has liked: 3009 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Is that the same team born2fish that tried to sell stickers and fishing the same whiting videos thing? Seems like improved a lot.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Snapper Fishing”