2021 Snapper Season

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: 2021 Snapper Season

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 am

Had another crack and launched early Sunday morning. Got about 200 mts out and copped a big wave over the bow, had a 'f*ck this' moment & headed back in.
Big thank you to the guy in a big red Haines (had twin 175's on the back) who offered to take me back out...good to know there are still nice people in the world.
Heard reports Black Rock is still plagued by pinkies and Williamstown is finally starting to fire up.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 am

Shouldn’t be too long now mate.
I’ve got my fresh bait sorted. Will get some fresh squid as well.
The hunt is on!
Cheers 👍🏻

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:24 am

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 am
Had another crack and launched early Sunday morning. Got about 200 mts out and copped a big wave over the bow, had a 'f*ck this' moment & headed back in.
Big thank you to the guy in a big red Haines (had twin 175's on the back) who offered to take me back out...good to know there are still nice people in the world.
Heard reports Black Rock is still plagued by pinkies and Williamstown is finally starting to fire up.
Always next time. Still nothing like some fresh salt water to wake you up in the morning.

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:37 am

frozenpod wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:24 am
Mattblack wrote:
Always next time. Still nothing like some fresh salt water to wake you up in the morning.
Wish I could say it was better than sleeping in....fantasised about getting something bigger while cleaning it

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:37 am
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:24 am
Mattblack wrote:
Wish I could say it was better than sleeping in....fantasised about getting something bigger while cleaning it
:rf: :rf: :rf: I can't believe after waiting so long you gave up because of a rouge wave..
Keep at it man, the fish are definitely there and it's only going to get better as the water warms up..
Good on the bloke who took you back out though, that's good karma coming for him in the form of reds.

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Mattblack wrote:
haha ah **** that sux, is pretty funny to read though

what boat do you have?

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 am

ben475 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 pm
Mattblack wrote:

what boat do you have?
One that's too small! (5mt Stabi)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 am
ben475 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

what boat do you have?
Once things open up, drive to other side n launch where wind is offshore ..
I e when it's a crappy east wind at werribee , I drive around to clifton springs where it's protected and wind and bay r smoother...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm

bowl wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Mattblack wrote:
ben475 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

what boat do you have?
I e when it's a crappy east wind at werribee , I drive around to clifton springs where it's protected and wind and bay r smoother...
Absolutely...to be honest I probably would have launched from Hastings if it wasnt for restrictions. Might have to look into a bimini cover and clears (it's a bit daunting when waves roll over the windscreen on a cold Melbourne morning.... my 9 year old thought it was hilarious)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm
bowl wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Mattblack wrote:
ben475 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

what boat do you have?
Absolutely...to be honest I probably would have launched from Hastings if it wasnt for restrictions. Might have to look into a bimini cover and clears (it's a bit daunting when waves roll over the windscreen on a cold Melbourne morning.... my 9 year old thought it was hilarious)
100% bimni n clears
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Snapper Fishing”