Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

28/10/2020

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:22 am

Just a quick report guys 😃

It’s just so good to be back on the water and my friend and I have already been out a few times. Been in search of squid but with the colour of the water being so dirty on our side of the bay has not made it easy!
Have been out 3 or 4 times now but haven’t put up a report because we really haven’t had much to say lol
Last trip we tried for squid but only managed to catch 1 down black rock way we then tried to turn that into a red but only ended up with a couple of pinkies and a 35 Cm salmon :rf:

So with the forecast for low winds we met at the ramp at around 3 pm to find the conditions were completely different! We talked to a couple of guys who had just got back who said it’s a bit choppy out there. So we had to change plans. The water was still murky as well. So we grabbed a couple of packets of pillies from the servo and decided to go for some late arvo snappers/pinkies.

Anchored up in 6 metres and got the burley going. First hour was fairly quiet and then the small pinkies started. We had a couple of rods out with full pillies but they were getting smashed as soon as the sinker hit the bottom and we were going through too much bait so had to cut back.
I had a whiting snatcher in the boat which I rigged up and started using smaller baits. A lot of the pinkies were just under legal size. I lost count of how many I measured in the 25-27 Cm category.

In the end we ended up with 5 keepers.
Was a fun session! Just happy to be out there again!!!

35624A76-6F2C-44A4-9614-AB3E410943CF.jpeg

Cheers,
LX.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: 28/10/2020

Post by purple5ive » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Yesterday seemed like great weather, but yeah on the water sometimes things change.
at least you got some nice legals.
cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: 28/10/2020

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 pm
Yesterday seemed like great weather, but yeah on the water sometimes things change.
at least you got some nice legals.
cheers
Thanks mate.
Yea the weather was nice in the morning but picked up much higher than predicted in the arvo.
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Snapper Fishing”