Markets...

SFP Guy.

Markets...

Post by SFP Guy. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

G'day All,

Hope you all have a happy New Year!

Just thought I'd share my experience at a suburban Trash & Treasure type market yesterday. This may be of interest to members who are new to fishing or don't have a great knowledge of tackle, rods, reels etc.

I didn't go to the market to particularly look for fishing gear but like most fisho's I just couldn't help myself.

The first stall I saw had a lot of low end gear, nothing wrong with that it that's what you can afford, but what irritated me was a supposed customer that came along and in a quite loud voice talking to the stall vendor, telling him how good his rods were and how he was catching 5-6kg snapper with a particular model rod which I had a close look at and to be honest I wouldn't ever put my hopes of landing a 5kg snapper on a rod of such poor quality. This guy was obviously a plant and only there to help the vendor make a buck.

The next stall was very similar to the first, I was looking through a bin with Soft Plastics in it when a guy came along and he was looking through the bin alongside of me. He asked the vendor if he had any Jig Heads and he handed the guy a plastic bin with Squid Jigs in it! I tried to explain to the vendor what a jig head was and he looked confused.

These markets may appeal to some as places where you can pick up tackle cheaper than normal retail, just be aware that you're not dealing with people who know fishing and the prices are not that much cheaper than tackle stores on line or otherwise.

I don't put this up telling you all that I know everything about fishing but just to warn you that such markets are just places to be wary of and that you may be better of both financially and in your fishing experiences if you learn and take advice from people that you trust.

Cheers,

Cam.

tuna tube

Re: Markets...

Post by tuna tube » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Very true. Along with most online sellers. Only interested in selling the cheap imports to make a quick buck. Best to buy from a reputable dealers
Cheers
The Tube

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:00 pm

tuna tube wrote:Very true. Along with most online sellers. Only interested in selling the cheap imports to make a quick buck. Best to buy from a reputable dealers
times 2

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 pm

age old saying - "buyer beware"

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

tuna tube wrote:Very true. Along with most online sellers. Only interested in selling the cheap imports to make a quick buck. Best to buy from a reputable dealers
We are an online seller and reputable, have quality products, give you guys a terrific discount 24/7, sponsor the forum, lie about how big the fish are that we catch, sponsor forum get togethers, sponsor comps, and are both extremely good looking.

What more could you ask for. pffft.

:a_goodjob: :rofl: :rofl: :super:

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm

SFP Chick wrote:
We are an online seller and reputable, have quality products, give you guys a terrific discount 24/7, sponsor the forum, sponsor forum get togethers, sponsor comps.

What more could you ask for. pffft.
Sponsor My Tackle Box?

It Would Really appreciate it. ;)

:a_goodjob: :lolf: :rofl:
Last edited by AVG_Fisho on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:52 pm

My sis and her bf got me a game rod for my 30th
They got me a reel too.
Problem!!!!
Surf reels don't go on double roller 37kg broom sticks!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Hahahaha That's Gold!
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Drifta-X wrote:My sis and he bf got me a game rod for my 30th
They got me a reel too.
Problem!!!!
Surf reels don't go on double roller 37kg broom sticks!
Hilarious !!!!!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I agree with tuna tube there is a lot of cheap crap on ebay but you can also get a good deal you have only to get bitten once

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”