Online Tackle Stores

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Online Tackle Stores

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:53 am

Does anybody have a favourite online tackle store that they always use?

I usually check out Mo Tackle, but have never bought anything from them, i just like the way the site is layed out. I have used the click and collect feature for BCF heaps of times, nobody can really compete with them and Anaconda for price when they have a clearance sale (i have saved $1000's of dollars over the years) but they tend to have certain products which never seem to change and sometimes i am looking for something that they dont really carry or a different option to something they do have.

So what are some of the stores that you guys like to use?
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Online Tackle Stores

Post by Boonanza » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

I have bought quite a few things from Dinga and cannot fault their service. Many times received the items next day. :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 am

Dinga is very fast, range can be a bit limited by their deals on some brands are better than you’ll get anywhere else.

It’s always worth having a look around the other places given you can check half a dozen prices on the same item from the comfort of your couch. Motackle, Anglers Warehouse, Otto’s Tackleworld on eBay, Sneakyfisho sometimes has something going cheap, Hooked Online, Mike’s Fishing and Tackle on eBay I’ve found to have good prices on hooks, and so on. I think most tackle stores have an online store these days, but only a small handful have done much about promoting it so you might have to dig around a bit to find them sometimes.

I still haven’t seen a Compleat Angler do much online, the Geelong one was talking about home delivery instead which sounds far more hassle. I assume Associated Retailers, who own the franchise, have discouraged their stores from going online for whatever reason.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:35 am

4liters wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 am
Dinga is very fast, range can be a bit limited by their deals on some brands are better than you’ll get anywhere else.

It’s always worth having a look around the other places given you can check half a dozen prices on the same item from the comfort of your couch. Motackle, Anglers Warehouse, Otto’s Tackleworld on eBay, Sneakyfisho sometimes has something going cheap, Hooked Online, Mike’s Fishing and Tackle on eBay I’ve found to have good prices on hooks, and so on. I think most tackle stores have an online store these days, but only a small handful have done much about promoting it so you might have to dig around a bit to find them sometimes.

I still haven’t seen a Compleat Angler do much online, the Geelong one was talking about home delivery instead which sounds far more hassle. I assume Associated Retailers, who own the franchise, have discouraged their stores from going online for whatever reason.
Agree; would only add Hooked Online (Online, especially good for terminal tackle), Ray and Anne's Tackle (B&M & Online, SA) and Mario's Bait and Tackle (B&M and Online, VIC) to this list.

Hooked Online stock stuff that is very hard to find in retail stores, like my favourite, "If I only had one", hook - https://www.hookedonline.com.au/1-box-o ... tainless-s...

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Never heard of Hooked Online so ill check them out. Most of the others i have heard of, especially Dinga, Ottos & Anglers Warehouse.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:11 pm

BCF and Anaconda are competitive in price sometimes but don't have a huge range.
My usual are Dinga, Motackle, tacklewarehouse and anglerswarehouse. Good for browsing around. Dinga is fast and free delivery for members regardless purchase price.
Bought a reel at Freddy's outdoor and couple times from Ray Annes.
Armadale Angling has a website too, though not listing all items, seems to be better than some Tackleworld and Compleat Angler stores. Armadale Angling is good when you already know what you want.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 pm

I think that large retailers like Anaconda and BCF each excel in certain departments and lack in others. Anaconda has a shockingly small range of sinkers, while BCF occasionally have ‘sale’ prices equal to non-sale prices.

Online has the advantage of cheaper prices, but often with the drawback of a limited range. Dinga excels with cheap Zman soft plastics and Yamashita squid jigs, often $3-4 dollars less than other retailers, but have limited stock or selection of colours. Dinga’s no minimum spend free shipping is also an outclassing point.

I think for specialty items that most manufactures either don’t make or are incredibly expensive either EBay or those China direct shipping websites such as Aliexpress are incredible. I struggled finding any Australian retailer selling a 4.0M Telescopic carbon/graphite fiber net pole/handle because they were a specialty item which had little demand. Most telescopic nets aren’t made extending past 3.0M, and to find one made of carbon fiber/graphite material in Australia that were cheaper than the $300+ Japanese ones was near impossible. I purchased one directly from China for $30 AUD and it has been incredible. Sits at 80cm, extends to 4.0m and has a 3mm screw in for the net. Replacement stainless steel net frames + net is $5 on Ebay. I always prefer to support local/national based suppliers but for specialty parts it can be hard sometimes.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 pm

For me the majority of my online purchases are to find a specific lure for that reason motackle or fishin.com.au are where I spend most of my money online. The service from fishin.com.au is extraordinary and the range is great too
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:48 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 pm
Never heard of Hooked Online so ill check them out. Most of the others i have heard of, especially Dinga, Ottos & Anglers Warehouse.
Hooked online is a good bunch, plus wine voucher with every order.

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Andrews wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 pm
I think that large retailers like Anaconda and BCF each excel in certain departments and lack in others. Anaconda has a shockingly small range of sinkers, while BCF occasionally have ‘sale’ prices equal to non-sale prices.
I have found times when BCF or Anaconda are even more expensive, but their big sales and clearances can be pretty unreal. For example a few months back they had a deal of a fishing shirt and a rod for $50.. the shirt alone was $89 and the rod was $100. I picked up a nice nible tip whiting rod, i didnt want the shirt but i should have gone back and got a couple more rods. I also got my Elite 7 TI2 for nearly $500 off the RRP and from Anaconda i got my $400 tent for $180. I also find myself using K Mart for a lot of my bread and butter stuff, back in the day the Kmart fishing section was great.. not so good anymore, but they usually have a good range of Jarvis Walker hooks and sinkers.

I always try to shop at the local independent store, but sometimes you just cant justify it.

mazman wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 pm
For me the majority of my online purchases are to find a specific lure for that reason motackle or fishin.com.au are where I spend most of my money online. The service from fishin.com.au is extraordinary and the range is great too
I had a quick look at fishin.com.au and i really like the look of some of the tackle trays they have (Versus Meiho), they are massive in Japan according to the description. Not cheap though.
Edit: A quick search shows that a lot of shops have them but ive never seen them before.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”