BCF ads.

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

BCF ads.

Post by colnick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:38 am

Good day,
Is it only me or do other members find those recent BCF ads with the group of marchers really pointless and irritating?

Compliments of the season to all, Col.

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Re: BCF ads.

Post by bluewater81 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:18 am

I find them annoying also, especially the BCFing fun ads. I actually think BCF has gone to total crap over the years, the one in Geelong is useless, staff never come to your help if needed. I watched them one day and 4 staff were walking around the shop while I deliberately stood in one spot, this went on for 15 mins before I walked out, has happened 3 times. The staff did not do one thing in the 15mins, just walked around looking busy, it was kind of funny in a way. I now do all my shopping online or go to Marios if I need something urgently.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 am

You reap what you sow...

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:09 am

bluewater81 wrote:I find them annoying also, especially the BCFing fun ads. I actually think BCF has gone to total crap over the years, the one in Geelong is useless, staff never come to your help if needed. I watched them one day and 4 staff were walking around the shop while I deliberately stood in one spot, this went on for 15 mins before I walked out, has happened 3 times. The staff did not do one thing in the 15mins, just walked around looking busy, it was kind of funny in a way. I now do all my shopping online or go to Marios if I need something urgently.
I went to the one in Mentone the other day & a staff member begrudgingly came over and asked if I needed help. When I said I was just looking, she literally rolled her eyes and walked off like Id just used a vulgar pick up line....your business is only as good as the people that staff it. Oh yeah..the ads are annoyingly effective, that jingle is a real earworm.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 am

Bcfing annoying

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bluewater81 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 am

Mattblack wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:I find them annoying also, especially the BCFing fun ads. I actually think BCF has gone to total crap over the years, the one in Geelong is useless, staff never come to your help if needed. I watched them one day and 4 staff were walking around the shop while I deliberately stood in one spot, this went on for 15 mins before I walked out, has happened 3 times. The staff did not do one thing in the 15mins, just walked around looking busy, it was kind of funny in a way. I now do all my shopping online or go to Marios if I need something urgently.
I went to the one in Mentone the other day & a staff member begrudgingly came over and asked if I needed help. When I said I was just looking, she literally rolled her eyes and walked off like Id just used a vulgar pick up line....your business is only as good as the people that staff it. Oh yeah..the ads are annoyingly effective, that jingle is a real earworm.
Interesting mate, I dont remember BCF being like this about 5 years ago, it'll be interesting to see how long they last. It's cheaper to buy online and I'd rather help the little guys out anyway if I need gear urgently, stuff em.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:44 am

Bcf and the likes do have their place in the food chain, ive used them before and will continue to do so.
when purchasing big ticket items i always give my local independents first choice though. if they can give me a good enough price (or a close enough price match they can come up with) then they will get my business.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:13 am

bluewater81 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Interesting mate, I dont remember BCF being like this about 5 years ago, it'll be interesting to see how long they last. It's cheaper to buy online and I'd rather help the little guys out anyway if I need gear urgently, stuff em.
Bunnings used to have people that gave good advice a few years ago as well. Tough gig for retailers though, if you pay premium for knowledgeable staff, you need to jack up your prices... then customers come in, sponge your knowledge/expertise and then go online and price shop.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 am

BCF at Foutain Gate used to be great. Good staff and so much good gear. Went down hill massively and they closed doors or moved location.

Online shopping is hurting retailers but I cant support the retailer brick and mortar store when they are double to triple the price.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:24 am

I do 90% of my fishing gear shopping online, don't bat an eyelid at importing goods if they are cheaper too.
Local BCF is horrendous, Tackleworld just as bad, and most independent fishing stores have closed down. There is a small independent store I frequent but they are expensive, price matching is not always possible but I try to give them a go on big ticket items I need sometimes.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”