purple5ive wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:22 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:30 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:05 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:51 am
It's a nay from me. Never had a problem hooking Whiting on TB worms without a stinger. Those jigheads are $4 each. As for the mussel, well, were getting closer to dead sticking. You can achieve the same results with half a mussel and a hook
Did you cut the worm down?
And at 4 bucks a pop I'd rather just fish bait lol.
Cheers
No, I never cut the worm down, I found they basically hook themselves. Those stinger hooks are TT JIGHEADS, with a hole drilled underneath and a screw in eye, with 40lb braid tied to a stinger hook, I think they might be $4.50 each
Thanks mate, i will have to improvise my technique a bit then, i did strike and certainly lost the fish, 4 of the infact one after the other .
i havent seen these jigheads personally, interesting that its been drilled and tapped to accomodate the extra eye.
im going to try again when the weather allows and use a smaller plastic
It might depend where you fish also. I used to fish in 2 - 5 mtrs of water without any tide. I used to use a 1/16 jighead and size #2, the best color was one called BBQ chicken but I don't think they make that color anymore. I always felt that if they were biting the tail off they were usually puffer fish and wrasse

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Yay or nay?

Post by ducky » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:05 pm

Why not just tie a friggin stinger to the eye of the jighead?

I bet it doesn't take 40lb of force to pull that shitty eyelet clean out of the lead...

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”