Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 pm
wem21 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:34 pm
IFISHALOT wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:01 am
Strike Pro Enticer Crabs work well.

https://jurofishing.com/?product=strike ... ticer-crab

Mind you I did design it.
They are Neutral bouyant, Scent infused and you fish them the same as the Cranka.
would size 2 hooks go well on the crabs ?
Hi Mate,

We do a range of Jigheads for the Crabs and they are Size 4
They are a shorter Shank also so they fit the Crab perfectly.

Crab-Rigged-1.png
I used this before and definitely attractive to bream. But often I got tapped and often no hookup, only to find it back with missing claw(s) and/or legs.

Bream seems love to disarm crabs before commit to eat the whole thing. And usually after they get a taste of the plastic piece, they dont come back for second.

Any tips to convert 'disarm bites' to a hookup?
Hi Sebb,
Run a small section of Fluorocarbon from the eye of the Jighead with a single stinger hook in each claw does the trick!
Hi Ifishalot - how long is this section of fluro you are running to set hooks in the claws, I'd imagine it's only 2-4cm max for that strikepro plastic? What weight fluro do you run and any issues with these "stinger" hooks easily breaking due to the extremely short line length?

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: crab lures

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 am

Sebb wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:17 pm
wem21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:48 am
Sebb wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm
Marukyu crab or strike pro
with the marukyu crabs, can you leave them out of the juice? or will they dry up like the gulps?
They'll dry up like the gulps.
The resealable pack isn't that great, so I usually put the opened pack in a ziplock bag.
Or put them in gulps' tub thing.
I've cauight bream on those Maikuru crabs when the rod is just sitting there as if bait fishing while I rig the other rod

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Re: crab lures

Post by IFISHALOT » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:33 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm
IFISHALOT wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:09 am
Sebb wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:35 pm
IFISHALOT wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 pm
wem21 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:34 pm

would size 2 hooks go well on the crabs ?
Hi Mate,

We do a range of Jigheads for the Crabs and they are Size 4
They are a shorter Shank also so they fit the Crab perfectly.

Crab-Rigged-1.png
I used this before and definitely attractive to bream. But often I got tapped and often no hookup, only to find it back with missing claw(s) and/or legs.

Bream seems love to disarm crabs before commit to eat the whole thing. And usually after they get a taste of the plastic piece, they dont come back for second.

Any tips to convert 'disarm bites' to a hookup?
Hi Sebb,
Run a small section of Fluorocarbon from the eye of the Jighead with a single stinger hook in each claw does the trick!
Hi Ifishalot - how long is this section of fluro you are running to set hooks in the claws, I'd imagine it's only 2-4cm max for that strikepro plastic? What weight fluro do you run and any issues with these "stinger" hooks easily breaking due to the extremely short line length?
Hi Mate,

Just over 1cm of 10lb into a Daiichi 2171-B Size 6, had no issues with breakages, just make sure of good knots
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”