Jighead size for docklands

Flattydog3M

Jighead size for docklands

Post by Flattydog3M » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:56 pm

What jighead size do you think is the best for fishing at docklands for bream, pinkies and so on? I want to use the bullet style jigheads.

Cheers.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Jighead size for docklands

Post by croe04 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:38 pm

I wouldn't use bullet style jig heads for docklands, I always opt for hidden weight jig heads because docklands bream are incredibly picky and won't hit unnaturally presented lures very often. If you're set on using bullet style jig heads, fish 1/28th - 1/12th ounce, max 1/8th. Fishing light jigheads around structure on the drop and using very slow retrieves will be your friend.

Pinkies and other fish aren't as fussy but following the same principles will probably net you a few of them as well.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:04 pm

What croe has said is pretty spot on. the big thing I'll add is that it depends where in the water column you're targeting. If you are seeing fish up near the surface around the pylons or feeding under pontoons something light like a 1/28 hidden weight is the right call for plastics but if there's nothing in that top 2 or so metres going to a 1/16 (long wait) or 1/12 and working it along the bottom under structure or next to pylons is probably more suitable.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:44 am

good advice there guys.
the basics of soft plastics is pretty simple but times like this it seems like much more of an art.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”