PRO LURE D36 & S36 CRANK

MR_GEE
Has liked: 4 times

PRO LURE D36 & S36 CRANK

Post by MR_GEE » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Pro Lure's D36 or S36 Crank hard body lures? I've been using Atomic Crank 38's and Jackall Chubby 38F for bream and I'm wondering how the Pro Lure compares in quality and performance, particularly as a black bream lure.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: PRO LURE D36 & S36 CRANK

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 pm

bream fishermen dont fare too well on here from my experience.
your best bet is to join the facebook page Breamobsession and ask your questions directly there,
same for the questions about the rods you asked earlier.

general consensus seems to be that millers are a great rod, i havent used one so i cannot comment much more than also to look at the battlers while you are at it.
the prolure cranks are also good ive heard, i personally havent used them, i prefer the chubbies, atomics, berkley 3b and hurricane cranks.

cheers

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:33 pm

The vast majority of the people I see using them are fishing in NSW slow rolling them for yellowfin but a few guys I know have used them with success on melbourne bream.

A few things to note about the prolures is that they are a slightly smaller profile than a chubby and come fitted with decoy trebles (I retro fit these to a lot of lures). They also have a more subtle rattle than the floating chubbies (more similar to the suspending chubbies). Finish and construction wise I can't fault them and the colour range is pretty nice as well. Can't personally comment on fish catching ability of them as I bought mine just before lockdown and have only done some test swimming on them I also typically fish the city with more of a shad profile when I go hard bodies, things like ecogear sx40s, smith jades etc. and got the cranks more so for gippsland

I got an email today from fishin.com.au saying that there was 20% off them ending today if you do want to grab some
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

MR_GEE
Has liked: 4 times

Post by MR_GEE » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:45 am

mazman wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:33 pm
The vast majority of the people I see using them are fishing in NSW slow rolling them for yellowfin but a few guys I know have used them with success on melbourne bream.

A few things to note about the prolures is that they are a slightly smaller profile than a chubby and come fitted with decoy trebles (I retro fit these to a lot of lures). They also have a more subtle rattle than the floating chubbies (more similar to the suspending chubbies). Finish and construction wise I can't fault them and the colour range is pretty nice as well. Can't personally comment on fish catching ability of them as I bought mine just before lockdown and have only done some test swimming on them I also typically fish the city with more of a shad profile when I go hard bodies, things like ecogear sx40s, smith jades etc. and got the cranks more so for gippsland

I got an email today from fishin.com.au saying that there was 20% off them ending today if you do want to grab some
Hey Mazman,

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate the time you've taken in putting together your thoughts on this product. Shortly after posting this question, I did end up buying several in a deep diving profile. I was attracted to these products for several reasons. Smaller profile, good casting weight, good diving range, quality trebles, good colour/pattern range........and price.

I'm desperate to test these on some Melbourne/Victorian bream once the this lockdown lifts.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”