Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Re: braid to mono what is strongest knot

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:50 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:34 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:23 pm
tying that cockroach pubic hair crap , , , , might be more challenging)
GOLD, I shall use that term, and man does that describe it perfectly :tu:

colnick wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:32 pm
Unless you absolutely have to use braid - and most situations don't - just use good monofilament and tie simple uniknots.
(waiting for the flak!)

Cheers, Col.
Safety in numbers Bud, I agree.
Bring on the flack :te:

I have braid (begrudgingly) on two surf outfits. And that's for casting distance, so as to "fang" it out far (to where the fish are and to compensate the shortcomings of the Councils for not rebuilding some Jetties to their original length). But also, it seems to be able to "un-snag" rigs better than mono. Mono gives you that "5 metre walk backwards" stretch before it goes "ping" and you lose everything. Braid more often saves the rig and brings up a bit of the reef in-lieu of a waving mono tail of nudda.

That being said, each to their own and it's all about each of us being on our own learning curve.

Cheers, Bug
Good tip, I'll never know braid can save the rig but what I'm after is use your leader as a shock leader. Other time about braid is that to weak for abrasion, this so tie up the mono with fg knot would likely prevent the fish to use tactic to run to the rock and cut the line.
Keeping going, Keeping fighting, Keeping fishing, Keeping do your best.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:11 am

Here’s a video I made with the version of the fg knot I tie. I use the fg for everything. Once you’ve got it down it’s not hard to tie.

https://youtu.be/ylqodFOhKAM
https://youtu.be/ylqodFOhKAM

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 am

Knot Behd Ducky! I do a variant of that, takes around 2 mins to tie and is all i use. Even on Roach pubes (3lb). I don't believe there's a stronger knot and there's definitely no slimmer knot. If you can't tie the FG, then go a doubled over braid slim beauty. I don't recommend the albright/alberto if you're a lure caster and it will work itself loose over many cast and will come undone due to the tag end facing the wrong way and the constant hitting of guides.
Last edited by piscateur on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 am

I just FG in one shot, easy but it take time and focus to do it, but i'll never tie it on the boat. this video that I watch to tie FG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncSZyIdr0dQ
Keeping going, Keeping fighting, Keeping fishing, Keeping do your best.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:05 pm

i use the improved allbright 10 then five wraps never had one fail use clippers to cut the fluro tag ,i use this on my softplastic setup goes thru the micro guides no problem if i use a long leader

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”