Hooks For PPB & Westernport Vid

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Hooks For PPB & Westernport Vid

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 am

Cheaterparts wrote: I've been using the penotrate inline circles for a while - 6/0s amd 8/0s mainly - so far I can't fault them
I know quite a few others that use them to on another forum with out any problems
TackleNut wrote: Yes they will do the job, no issue about that.
You guys are obviously spending too much time on Mr Fisho and believing all that hype.
What are you doing on that web site, where everything is flash and glitter in your face, with so many pop ups that its not funny. No its not funny, its sad really. He has sold out his sight like a brothel to fit as many adverts as he can onto the site and its looking rather silly these days. Glad I have nothing to do with it now.
As for for the hooks, Dudes I was selling these hooks to Dean at Rigmaster 5+ years go. But I am not making a song and dance over it. If only you actually knew the prices on those, boy he could still make money at 60% off what’s he is charging there and still be laughing
Do you see me trying to sell unknown brand hooks to anyone I know or members of this fishing forum? Not a chance in hell would I sell those cheaply made, Chinese made with bad points and even worse quality control here. The Chinese can make some good items, just that these hooks are sourced from a small factory that doesn't have the skill or know how to make consistently good quality hooks. They don't have the manufacturing capabilities that the big makers have. They have to keep altering their production line for every style and size of hooks that they make. ie; they have 2 lines running 24/7 making all styles of hooks, from bait holders, long shanks, octopus and circle hooks and in all their sizes, always having to alter the machines for the production runs. So who is going to have a more consistent hook then? The company making them on the cheap for the small time distributor/importer or companies like Mustad, VMC, Gamkatsu, Eagle Claw or Owner that have large numbers of the equipment needed to make good hooks. For a fact, these companies have production lines just for the one style of hook and in some instances just the one size for most of the year. Octopus 4/0 – 6/0, some of the worlds most used hooks.
But lets get back to the Penotrator’s shall we.
These are sold all over eBay by other names & in some Complete Angler stores using the MasterCraft range of hooks, some of the quality, well they were very inconsistent for a long time. Some were very good and sharp while others blunt or bent .
Don't take my word for it, go into Complete Angler in Dandy/Ringwood and ask the guys there.
But again what do I know ???
cheers
TN
Yes I'm still use Mr fishos forum and yes it is very shiny these days , it wasn't when I first joined and it was the first fishing forum a joined
I have no problems with the site having adds, it makes no difference to me and not a reason to leave
Anyway back to the hooks
I've been using the penotrate inline circles for a while - 6/0s amd 8/0s mainly - so far I can't fault them
This quote is not from hype from Dean or Mr fishos - I was just stating that I use them and have had no problem with them
I still get good hook ups , they haven’t bent or straighten out , none so far have broken and the points and more than good enough to set
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”