EOFY tackle Clean up

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

EOFY tackle Clean up

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:21 pm

I moved house and found freaking tons of fishing rods from my previous years of collecting gear. Unfortunately, I lost my tackle bag during the move. Inside it were 3 Shimano 10000 sized reels and every terminal tackles, lures, jigs a tackle rat should have. To get rid of the bad memories, I am cleaning up my garage again.

Free to honest forum members specially to beginners, I will be giving away my excess, used and unused inventories. I have game rods, spin rods, I will even throw in tie rod and curtain rods. I know I have old model but functional Shimano Sustain reels (the golden color), Pearl color stradic reels, overhead game reels form ebay, etc.

I will be posting photos of what I can find this weekend. For all I know the reels are on separate boxes. I may not even find them until I turn the garage upside down and unbox everything. Dont hold your breath on the reels :-).

I will NOT be entertaining requests for freebies from new forum members who just joined to get free stuff. When I gave away lots of gears some years ago, those new members took the lot and never showed up in the forum again. Shameless opportunistic bas***tards!

If you honestly need help getting set up, send me a message and let me know what you are looking for. I may have it.

Photos and inventory list to follow.

Pick up only from Glen Waverley. No strings attached.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Re: EOFY tackle Clean up

Post by fisho999 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:18 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:21 pm
I moved house and found freaking tons of fishing rods from my previous years of collecting gear. Unfortunately, I lost my tackle bag during the move. Inside it were 3 Shimano 10000 sized reels and every terminal tackles, lures, jigs a tackle rat should have. To get rid of the bad memories, I am cleaning up my garage again.

Free to honest forum members specially to beginners, I will be giving away my excess, used and unused inventories. I have game rods, spin rods, I will even throw in tie rod and curtain rods. I know I have old model but functional Shimano Sustain reels (the golden color), Pearl color stradic reels, overhead game reels form ebay, etc.

I will be posting photos of what I can find this weekend. For all I know the reels are on separate boxes. I may not even find them until I turn the garage upside down and unbox everything. Dont hold your breath on the reels :-).

I will NOT be entertaining requests for freebies from new forum members who just joined to get free stuff. When I gave away lots of gears some years ago, those new members took the lot and never showed up in the forum again. Shameless opportunistic bas***tards!

If you honestly need help getting set up, send me a message and let me know what you are looking for. I may have it.

Photos and inventory list to follow.

Pick up only from Glen Waverley. No strings attached.
thats a very generous offer mate, good on you. I am sure some people will appreciate the help with getting started.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:58 am

Good on you. Someone will take it up and appreciate that.

I remember many years ago I had my car got broken into and lost all of my fishing gear, and someone offered me his rod and reel just so I could get out. I still remember that good deed until today.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:37 am

A really generous offer Fish-cador.

Sneaky1
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Sneaky1 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:57 am

May you be rewarded with mojo for your generosity!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:41 pm

If you have stuff left over, then consider donating to the guy that runs the charity fishing clinics.
Thats the thing about fishing. On Facebook.
Helps them help others..
Cheers

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:32 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:41 pm
If you have stuff left over, then consider donating to the guy that runs the charity fishing clinics.
Thats the thing about fishing. On Facebook.
Helps them help others..
Cheers
Good idea. I will look it up
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:56 am

Damn! I am missing a lot of the tip part and had some damaged guides.

1 x shimano Starlo stix 10'6" surf spin
1 x shimano Starlo stix 9 ft surf spin, missing ceramic rings. Probably better tossed away
3 x shimano 762 pier rods. I used these in st kilda for pinkies
1 x shimano spectrum 662
1 x shimano 902 pier rod
2 x saratoga baitcaster rod from ebay
3 x kanji game rod, full roller from ebay
3 x game rod, heavy as baseball bat
1 x graphite body game reel with 125lb braid
2 x shimano sustain 4000 and 5000, functional but needs some grease. A bit hard to crank but feels smooth
1 x shimano stradic pearl, 5000

All used. I still have many to sort.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1687049175798.jpg
FB_IMG_1687049180007.jpg
====
Words of wisdom:
====

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:04 pm

Dear Sir Snappalot,

I have finally overcome my fears of the rocks and the wonky knee have all but recovered - can I have the stradic reels you mentioned? Happy to come and forage through your garage to help you find them. I haven't managed to get anything of late (probably due to the lack of time spent wetting a line imho) but will be encouraged and empowered by the reels that have caught so many snappers off PPB :)

Yours sincerely,
Yours Padawan VooDoo

PS: :gj: :tu: :gj: :tu: on the guesture !!!!!!

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:04 am

VooDoo wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:04 pm
Dear Sir Snappalot,

I have finally overcome my fears of the rocks and the wonky knee have all but recovered - can I have the stradic reels you mentioned? Happy to come and forage through your garage to help you find them. I haven't managed to get anything of late (probably due to the lack of time spent wetting a line imho) but will be encouraged and empowered by the reels that have caught so many snappers off PPB :)

Yours sincerely,
Yours Padawan VooDoo

PS: :gj: :tu: :gj: :tu: on the guesture !!!!!!
Send me PM for details
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”