savage gear black savage combo

nickpicc06
Has liked: 4 times

savage gear black savage combo

Post by nickpicc06 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:27 pm

just wondering if anyone has a rod or knows anything about this rod. im looking at purchasing it and i want to know if its worth spening my money on it.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: savage gear black savage combo

Post by Sebb » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:38 pm

nickpicc06 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:27 pm
just wondering if anyone has a rod or knows anything about this rod. im looking at purchasing it and i want to know if its worth spening my money on it.
Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/savage-black-s ... 61354.html

There isn't much info about it.
I know Alan from Fishing Mad uses it (go check his YouTube, etc).

When I buy new stuff without much info, I usually just go by gut feeling. Hold it, etc, and if it feels good, then buy it.

What's your budget? There might be other better options that people in this forum can chip in some info.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:49 am

I'm not a huge fan of Savage gear, I have checked a few out and it's not for me. I would be looking at something Shimano/Daiwa around the same price. Don't get the Shimano Sedona combo, the reels are great but the rods are crap, they have a tendancy to snap the tips off. I think there is a Daiwa Aird combo at Anaconda around $200, that would be really good for you

nickpicc06

Post by nickpicc06 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 pm

Sebb wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:38 pm
nickpicc06 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:27 pm
Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/savage-black-s ... 61354.html

There isn't much info about it.
I know Alan from Fishing Mad uses it (go check his YouTube, etc).

When I buy new stuff without much info, I usually just go by gut feeling. Hold it, etc, and if it feels good, then buy it.

What's your budget? There might be other better options that people in this forum can chip in some info.
yes thats the exact rod. i have been looking at a few and this just ticks all the boxes. my budget was around $150 and this rod came up on sale so thats why im interested in it. i saw the fishing mad video of alan catching flathead and i saw a video of another person using it to catch snapper and it did a great job. im definetly going with gut feeling

nickpicc06

Post by nickpicc06 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:49 am
I'm not a huge fan of Savage gear, I have checked a few out and it's not for me. I would be looking at something Shimano/Daiwa around the same price. Don't get the Shimano Sedona combo, the reels are great but the rods are crap, they have a tendancy to snap the tips off. I think there is a Daiwa Aird combo at Anaconda around $200, that would be really good for you
thanks for the response. i had a look at shimano and daiwa that were in my budget and alot of the combos werent what i was after. how come you didnt like savage gear?

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”