New rod suggestions

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: New rod suggestions

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Most of the 2 pieces these days are mid join. In terms of what the td hypers are, I'm not sure. More than likely yes, but there's a few models you can look at in the range..

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:15 pm

TD hyper has one piece and two piece modes, the two piece models are mid joint, I'm 99% sure.
The butt joint etc are the fancy rods like Zodias, Infeet, Tcurve. Otherwise, most two piece rods are mid joint.
Infeet blue is another good rod for both plastic and squid, but its butt joint.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:21 pm

I haven’t looked at the t curves properly for a long time. But they’ve never really been a high end rod. They are nice enough (I do own 5 of them) but I wouldn’t have considered them for ultra light lure fishing. Has something changed?

I bought a zodias the other day and it is very nice. I’d also be considering the abu Garcia salty stage krx assuming there’s a lighter one in the range. Felt great in hand.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:33 pm

wem21 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:16 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:33 pm
For that price get a td hyper and invest the rest id the $$ in a second hand squid rod from fb marketplace or similar areas.
would the td hyper be mid join?
Most of the higher end rods usually try and keep the guides all in one section and rest in the 2nd section for a 2 piece rod.
This is what the industry refers to as a 1.5 piece rod or a butt join rod and are not suitable to travel with in a std rod tube or confined space.

Most cheaper rods and also some expensive ones have the join in the middle, these days the technology used to create these rods almost totally negates the flat spots cause by 2 piece joins from the early days
This type of rod allows more mobility for the angler as the rod can be packed a lot better for travel or transport.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:00 am

ducky wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:21 pm
I haven’t looked at the t curves properly for a long time. But they’ve never really been a high end rod. They are nice enough (I do own 5 of them) but I wouldn’t have considered them for ultra light lure fishing. Has something changed?

I bought a zodias the other day and it is very nice. I’d also be considering the abu Garcia salty stage krx assuming there’s a lighter one in the range. Felt great in hand.
The older light Tcurve Tournaments and T series were noodles. But had soft touch Fuji vss reel seats and full gunsmoke Fuji SiC guide trains. I have a 662 and it's dynamite for fishing light hards in confined spaces. It's easily handled multiple silver hook ups (that snapped hooks) and managed to land a foul hooked ray around 50cm wide despite the 1-3kg rating along with some solid pinks and the usual estuary fish.

Wem I'd go purples suggestion of 2 rods. Wait until shops are open, go have a play with a TD Hyper, a new model Raider that'll be in shops soon, an Atomic Arrowz, Abu Veritas 4 and any other rods around the 130-150 retail mark. Between BCF, Anaconda and Gone Fishin you'll find a decent selection to look at around Franga. The second rod go a Majorcraft Solpara (see if Sebb will sell you his and tee up a fish at the same time, you'll learn more from fishing with someone with half a clue for a few hours than going it alone for months) or buy one new online for around the 150 mark. Otherwise an Atomic Arrowz 283ML is pretty much the same rod for around the same price. There goes your 300. And consider upsizing the Stradic to a 2500 and alternate the reel between both new rods, or even "downgrade" to the slightly cheaper new Nasci if you don't already have the Stradic. Going a 2500 will balance far better on more rods than a 1000

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:15 am

cobby wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:00 am
ducky wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:21 pm

The older light Tcurve Tournaments and T series were noodles. But had soft touch Fuji vss reel seats and full gunsmoke Fuji SiC guide trains. I have a 662 and it's dynamite for fishing light hards in confined spaces. It's easily handled multiple silver hook ups (that snapped hooks) and managed to land a foul hooked ray around 50cm wide despite the 1-3kg rating along with some solid pinks and the usual estuary fish.

Wem I'd go purples suggestion of 2 rods. Wait until shops are open, go have a play with a TD Hyper, a new model Raider that'll be in shops soon, an Atomic Arrowz, Abu Veritas 4 and any other rods around the 130-150 retail mark. Between BCF, Anaconda and Gone Fishin you'll find a decent selection to look at around Franga. The second rod go a Majorcraft Solpara (see if Sebb will sell you his and tee up a fish at the same time, you'll learn more from fishing with someone with half a clue for a few hours than going it alone for months) or buy one new online for around the 150 mark. Otherwise an Atomic Arrowz 283ML is pretty much the same rod for around the same price. There goes your 300. And consider upsizing the Stradic to a 2500 and alternate the reel between both new rods, or even "downgrade" to the slightly cheaper new Nasci if you don't already have the Stradic. Going a 2500 will balance far better on more rods than a 1000
cheers :)) yeah ill probably be taking the td hyper and waiting for squid rods to go on sale, if not i can always just stick to my catana for squid

Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Master Baiter » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:04 pm

wem21 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:34 am
Master Baiter wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 am
Rapala Mcxwell 7' 2pc 1-3 kg 30 Ton Graphite Blank Spin Fishing. I have had this rod for a couple of years now I just love it so light and casts really well. I also have the 4-7kg . In my opinion and many Trout fisherman in Tassie they are excellent. About a $120.00 lots df change left over for a few plastics as well.
Wally
do you thhink it would be unbalanced with the stradic fl?
I have a 210 gram reel on it and it is pretty well perfect. So I would say it could very well be fine.
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Thanks everyone for your help, I ended up getting an Icon bad boyz vermin 1-3kg, brilliant value and it feels amazing!

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”