Rod replacement....

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Rod replacement....

Post by Irishfisherman » Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Well after a great session yesterday I came home set my rod down in the garage and came back the next day only to find out it had been stepped on by someone and snapped.... Its was the 7' bream crank 1-5lb and its by far the best rod I've ever used. But after some searching online I've been unable to find anywhere that still stocks it. The atomic has a long soft taper, it was very whippy and extremely light if anyone knows and rods that are similar advice would be greatly appreciated, around the $200 mark is my budget.
Cheers!

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Rod replacement....

Post by Sebb » Sun May 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Well after a great session yesterday I came home set my rod down in the garage and came back the next day only to find out it had been stepped on by someone and snapped.... Its was the 7' bream crank 1-5lb and its by far the best rod I've ever used. But after some searching online I've been unable to find anywhere that still stocks it. The atomic has a long soft taper, it was very whippy and extremely light if anyone knows and rods that are similar advice would be greatly appreciated, around the $200 mark is my budget.
Cheers!
I've been using the old Infeet, a $259 rrp was on sale for $169 at anglers warehouse. Soft wippy regular taper. Sounds like what you after.

The new blue infeet is also similar. I'd get the mid model.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Post by Irishfisherman » Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Sebb wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:04 pm
Irishfisherman wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Cheers!
I've been using the old Infeet, a $259 rrp was on sale for $169 at anglers warehouse. Soft wippy regular taper. Sounds like what you after.

The new blue infeet is also similar. I'd get the mid model.
Cheers I’ll check them out

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Cheers I’ll check them out
Here's the old model, they still have in stock of the 682 and 6102 models.
The old one is better than the new low end model.

https://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/pro ... _rod_16800

I have the 682 and 702, and a mate has the 6102. All are great regular taper rods.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”