Cost effectiveness

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Cost effectiveness

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:19 pm

See what I mean?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 pm

I love my Slayer10 propel. Stable, light, fast enough, easy to maneuver, instant reverse. 😁
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:36 pm

I havent used it for years but i have a Wavedance Kingfisher and i think its pretty great. It paddles the old fashion way.. ie with a paddle. But it wont cost you thousands to get going. Fully decked out you are looking at less than $1000 depending on what you put on it.

The only way i would have been allowed to spend thousands on a kayak would be to become single again first. I can spend whatever i like on the boat, but there is no way the misses would let me spend that much coin on a Hobie.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:36 pm
I havent used it for years but i have a Wavedance Kingfisher and i think its pretty great. It paddles the old fashion way.. ie with a paddle. But it wont cost you thousands to get going. Fully decked out you are looking at less than $1000 depending on what you put on it.

The only way i would have been allowed to spend thousands on a kayak would be to become single again first. I can spend whatever i like on the boat, but there is no way the misses would let me spend that much coin on a Hobie.
My first kayak is a 3.8m paddle yak similar to the kingfisher, which is what I take when we are away with the caravan. I enjoy the simplicity of fishing with one rod out of the paddle yak, no fish finder, etc.

Kingfishers are on sale at motackle for $600 at the moment by the way, bargain for a proven, new kayak.

https://www.motackle.com.au/fishing/spe ... kayak.html

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:08 am

Tim399 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 am

Kingfishers are on sale at motackle for $600 at the moment by the way, bargain for a proven, new kayak.

https://www.motackle.com.au/fishing/spe ... kayak.html
Thats a pretty good deal. I paid $650 for mine about 6 or so years ago from a place on Bay Road but i dont think they are there any more. I spent a little bit more on a better seat and paddle. Mine also came fitted with star ports which was pretty cool, although ive since taken them off to put them on the boat.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”