general purpose lure rod and reel

Post Reply
User avatar
fisho999
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 304 times
Likes received: 101 times

general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by fisho999 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:13 pm

hey,
I have a few lure rods already, but I'm looking to get a good quality, nice-looking lure outfit.

this is what I'm thinking :tu:

Shimano Anarchy 6'7'' light mediem spin 2 piece lure weight 1-10 grams- line weight 2-5 kilo $219.00

Shimano Sustain fj compact 3000 hg $449.00

or

Shimano Vanford compact 3000 hg $379.00

any thoughts? suggestions? does anyone have any of these and could tell me how they perform?

thanks,
fisho999

User avatar
Sebb
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Has liked: 2607 times
Likes received: 1354 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by Sebb » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Both reels are good, vanford is lighter I think, sustain suits more for power fight.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Seniorfisho
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 704 times
Likes received: 374 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:49 pm

I have a vanford 2500, it's a great reel, light weight and casts longer than your average reel. I wouldn't go 3000 size for plastics and lures.
The rod is nice but I would get a shimano Adrena

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 304 times
Likes received: 101 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by fisho999 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm

I'm thinking of targeting the medium species with this outfit btw, redfin, yella, small cod, flathead, etc. I hope this helps with the suggestions.

ill take a look at the Adrena and the 2500 senior. thanks

Seniorfisho
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 704 times
Likes received: 374 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:34 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm
I'm thinking of targeting the medium species with this outfit btw, redfin, yella, small cod, flathead, etc. I hope this helps with the suggestions.

ill take a look at the Adrena and the 2500 senior. thanks
The Adrena/Vanford combo is more than enough and perfectly matched.
You can get the Vanford for $309 from Ananconda

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 304 times
Likes received: 101 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by fisho999 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:57 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:34 pm
fisho999 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm
I'm thinking of targeting the medium species with this outfit btw, redfin, yella, small cod, flathead, etc. I hope this helps with the suggestions.

ill take a look at the Adrena and the 2500 senior. thanks
The Adrena/Vanford combo is more than enough and perfectly matched.
You can get the Vanford for $309 from Ananconda
dam, now your speaking my language

on enouther note, I think the adrenal is a bit pricey for me. The anarchy will still work though right?

Seniorfisho
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 704 times
Likes received: 374 times

Re: general purpose lure rod and reel

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:02 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:57 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:34 pm
fisho999 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm
I'm thinking of targeting the medium species with this outfit btw, redfin, yella, small cod, flathead, etc. I hope this helps with the suggestions.

ill take a look at the Adrena and the 2500 senior. thanks
The Adrena/Vanford combo is more than enough and perfectly matched.
You can get the Vanford for $309 from Ananconda
dam, now your speaking my language

on enouther note, I think the adrenal is a bit pricey for me. The anarchy will still work though right?
The Anarchy is fine mate

Post Reply

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”