Hobie scupper hole damage

Hatetangles
Has liked: 72 times

Hobie scupper hole damage

Post by Hatetangles » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm

hey ppl, so as ive just been out in my new kayak only 3 times now, and after i was hosing it down i noticed that the scuppers have suffered a bit of wear and tear from the wheel cart by the looks of it (see pic) not massive damage i know, but is it something i should be worried about or try to prevent?just a little bit concerning considering only been out 3 times..any insights would be great.Image
Attachments
scupper.jpg

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Hobie scupper hole damage

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:06 pm

Hatetangles wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm
hey ppl, so as ive just been out in my new kayak only 3 times now, and after i was hosing it down i noticed that the scuppers have suffered a bit of wear and tear from the wheel cart by the looks of it (see pic) not massive damage i know, but is it something i should be worried about or try to prevent?just a little bit concerning considering only been out 3 times..any insights would be great.Image
I'm not seeing wear and tear unless I can't see a crack??
The bits of thin "peel" are from the rotomolding process, they trim the excess off usually with a sharp trim knife.
The Black tubes are there for reinforcement, Hobie started these around 2012/13 because blokes were putting their trolley through the side walls of the Scupper Tubes if they had lost the black rubber tubing protective tips of the trolleys.
Hopefully that addresses your question, unless you have other photos?
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:45 pm

Agreed with FishnMiss, those scuffs in the rotomolding to my understanding are common and are from the installation of the scupper reinforcement tube which are threaded into the scupper hole for the reason described above. The circular scuffs will be from when they've screwed them in.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Hatetangles
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Hatetangles » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:13 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:06 pm
Hatetangles wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm
I'm not seeing wear and tear unless I can't see a crack??
The bits of thin "peel" are from the rotomolding process, they trim the excess off usually with a sharp trim knife.
The Black tubes are there for reinforcement, Hobie started these around 2012/13 because blokes were putting their trolley through the side walls of the Scupper Tubes if they had lost the black rubber tubing protective tips of the trolleys.
Hopefully that addresses your question, unless you have other photos?
Ok cool that makes sense now...as there are a couple sets of scupper holes and i noticed the marks in the more centralised scuppers also, and i was sure i didnt put the cart in the centre scuppers lol , thanks

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:45 pm

Yeah, just from the manufacturing!
Same way you'll find tons of plastic shavings within the hull from the process!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”