Kingscraft kayak

alzy

Kingscraft kayak

Post by alzy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:47 pm

Hey guys, I’m new this forum and looking forward to using it more often and sharing my journey!
I have a kingscraft pedal drive kayak but no matter what I try my pedal System seems to be seized, so I’m after a new system to replace it with. My question is, would I be able to fit a mirage system or even any other type of pedal drive in its place as I havnt been able to find any systems specially suited for kingscraft kayaks. Photo attached, thank you!!
Attachments
669AB80A-3297-44EB-A129-A4B6F87E4D68.jpeg

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: Kingscraft kayak

Post by Sebb » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Usually they only fit with their own. Very unlikely to have diff brands/models' to fit.
I think best is to call shops that sell them and ask them.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 pm

alzy wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:47 pm
Hey guys, I’m new this forum and looking forward to using it more often and sharing my journey!
I have a kingscraft pedal drive kayak but no matter what I try my pedal System seems to be seized, so I’m after a new system to replace it with. My question is, would I be able to fit a mirage system or even any other type of pedal drive in its place as I havnt been able to find any systems specially suited for kingscraft kayaks. Photo attached, thank you!!
I don't think those are made any more. They were only ever a cheap Chinese design and I think the guy who imported them is out of business. You might be able to find something second hand but otherwise you'll probably have to strip down the drive and hope you can get it working again.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 pm

If I were you, I would make a mould out of polystyrene then add an electric motor to it

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:50 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 pm
alzy wrote:
I have a kingscraft pedal drive kayak but no matter what I try my pedal System seems to be seized,
I don't think those are made any more. They were only ever a cheap Chinese design and I think the guy who imported them is out of business. You might be able to find something second hand but otherwise you'll probably have to strip down the drive and hope you can get it working again.
Like Ian said here being a cheaper chinese modal after market and spares will be a problem - if you cant find anything that fits you may have to do some surgery on the drive you have

again as a guess there is probably a shortage of stainless parts inside it and something has seized up , remember these are made to a cost and not for quality
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 pm
If I were you, I would make a mould out of polystyrene then add an electric motor to it
it wouldn't be my plan - load capacity of 100 kg not much wiggle room for a battery once you put the pilot on board
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:11 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:50 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 pm
alzy wrote:
I have a kingscraft pedal drive kayak but no matter what I try my pedal System seems to be seized,
Like Ian said here being a cheaper chinese modal after market and spares will be a problem - if you cant find anything that fits you may have to do some surgery on the drive you have

again as a guess there is probably a shortage of stainless parts inside it and something has seized up , remember these are made to a cost and not for quality
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 pm
it wouldn't be my plan - load capacity of 100 kg not much wiggle room for a battery once you put the pilot on board
A battery and a 24lb watersnake would weigh 10kg max, depends how fat he is I suppose

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am

Dunno if a Watersnake would fit into that drive well
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:15 pm

4liters wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am
You have to take the head of the motor off and feed it through the bottom, I reckon it would fit, take some measurements, you never know, seems a shame to waste the kayak. You could try and heat up some pvc pipe and try to plug the hole and just paddle

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:15 pm
4liters wrote:
You have to take the head of the motor off and feed it through the bottom, I reckon it would fit, take some measurements, you never know, seems a shame to waste the kayak. You could try and heat up some pvc pipe and try to plug the hole and just paddle
Yeah but then it would be stuck there, which limits your options transporting it on land without breaking something.

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm

4liters wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:15 pm
4liters wrote:
Yeah but then it would be stuck there, which limits your options transporting it on land without breaking something.
I reckon an 8lb or 24lb would fit in that gap, it's just a matter of making a mould that will hold the motor stable, just throwing out some options. He would be able to use it even without anything in there, would that be right?, it wouldn't sink it?

Return to “Kayak Fishing”