Wanted - BaitRunner 4000 OC Handle Screw Cap

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
Abuthen

Wanted - BaitRunner 4000 OC Handle Screw Cap

Post by Abuthen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm

*Cough* long story but .. erm, I do need a replacement handle screw cap for my baitrunner.

Bought it fresh, spooled, took it down to Brighton, and while casting off the lower pier, decided that I just had to .. no .. no .. not later, not at a safer spot, but immediately, JUST HAD to swop the handle from right to left. Couldn't wait.

All that's running down my mind was - don't drop the handle, don't drop the cap, like chanting a mantra.
And of course the mantra helps - just screwed in the handle - small yay - and the cap drops -

and I watch it in slow mo .. bounce on the pier (the lower one, where there are gaps), trickle, roll, bounce, and ... drop neatly through the gap. This is less than an hour from it being bought.

So there you go, I need to replace the cap. No idea where to find one. Seems like a cheap piece of plastic but I know it will cost half the reel. If anyone has a spare off any old broken down reel that might fit, I'd take it. Or point me to a place i can get it. (USA has sites that sell it for $1.06 but the shipping is maybe $30, lol)
4000oc_handlecap.png
4000oc_handlecap.png (186.98 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Thanks in advance ..
Abuthen

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Wanted - BaitRunner 4000 OC Handle Screw Cap

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 pm

I've got an old reel that I don't use, the cap may fit. What are dimensions of the one you seek?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:I've got an old reel that I don't use, the cap may fit. What are dimensions of the one you seek?
I really have no idea. Only thing I know is its not the kind where it screws on to the handle on the other side.

Closest I could find was this:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/handle ... 40483.html

The 4000D model looks like this, (in fact this is the part number for the 4000D)
4000d_cap.png
4000d_cap.png (140.6 KiB) Viewed 827 times
And yea, I have no clue on the dimensions .. I do appreciate your help though ...
Abuthen

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am

I realised i lost the cap off my JW cheapy after the handle came off in my hand while reeling line in. I went into my local bcf and the guy had a box of random spares behind the counter. Found me one that fit for free. Was the type that screws into the handle though.

Good luck

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 am

call these guys. This is where I get my parts. Will cost you only 20% of what some tackle shops will charge you.

http://www.shimanofish.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quote the reel model then part 13563
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 am

Fish-cador wrote:call these guys. This is where I get my parts. Will cost you only 20% of what some tackle shops will charge you.

Thanks FC, I actually emailed them and got the reply before I saw your post. Ordered it online and it should arrive tomorrow. Part is RD13563 and its $4.20 + GST. Shipping is $5.50.
Now I'm happy again .. lol

Thanks alot guys for all the help/suggestions here. Shows why FV is the best fishing forum and the members are ever willing to help one another out.

Now, to learn how to properly fish with bait .. lol.
BTW, FC I do remember awhile back where you have mentioned the Jewel 902. And Ya, I got that.
Abuthen

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Abuthen wrote: Ordered it online and it should arrive tomorrow. Part is RD13563 and its $4.20 + GST. Shipping is $5.50.
Now I'm happy again .. lol

BTW, FC I do remember awhile back where you have mentioned the Jewel 902. And Ya, I got that.
They are quick in processing orders.

The cap of your reel looks the same in construction as the Stradic cap. I lost one of mine and Carl lost 2. If you don't transfer the handle quite often, do what we did. Put a little bit of nail polish on the last "teeth" of the tread when you screw the cap back This will hold the cap tightly in place. Use rubber band to hold the cap and you can still unscrew it easily.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Fish-cador wrote:call these guys. This is where I get my parts. Will cost you only 20% of what some tackle shops will charge you.

Perhaps you and FC can order in one shot to save postage .. FC has been known to loose a few caps in his days :icon_lolz:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Return to “Wanted”