What's the catch!!

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: What's the catch!!

Post by Kenle » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:11 am

They're secretly locating our fishing spot, even the gomament wants our spot x

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:05 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:40 pm

Geez, I can't understand you blokes. I think they are actually trying to help you. Every time my electricity plan comes up for renewal I log into the comparable website here in NSW to compare plans. I'm surprised you haven't been doing it yourselves in Victoria before this. And now you are actually getting paid to do do it!
Get into it.
Col.

fisho999

Post by fisho999 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:36 pm

''fishing Victoria forum''
''here in NSW''

bro?

colnick

Post by colnick » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:14 pm

Yes, sorry fisho999. I try to limit posts to issues which are common to a number of states. I reckon electricity comparison sites come under that definition. I note also that other posts from Tasmania, South Australia and NSW have contributed to my interest and knowledge - and probably yours- so I hoped you would cut me a bit of slack.
Cheers, Col.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:13 pm

colnick wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:40 pm
Geez, I can't understand you blokes. I think they are actually trying to help you. Every time my electricity plan comes up for renewal I log into the comparable website here in NSW to compare plans. I'm surprised you haven't been doing it yourselves in Victoria before this. And now you are actually getting paid to do do it!
Get into it.
Col.
We have the website to compare, but all we get out of that is our details sold on to 3rd parties who then harass you constantly.
This is a government initiative for the Victorians, why would the government be so interested in saving people money, or pay you $$$ to make a comparison is beyond suspicious. Local elections are coming up and considering andrews ****** up a fair bit I think he is buying votes.
Also the fact that the covid $$$ supplements, double payments of the dole, crashing economy and inflation on pretty much everything bar your wages and now this, we will pay for it some way or the other.
They could be gathering data for some future decisions, what that is is anyones guess at this stage.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:34 am

Surely the government has your information already?

Do you have any evidence to support details being sold to 3rd parties that will harass you.

My parents did the previous one and have had no calls or emails.....

As for buying votes the next election is as much as a certainly an election can be.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:11 am

I have zero evidence of the above mate, it's just me presuming that's what might happen.
Hence why I'm asking if anyone knew anything otherwise.

fisho999

Post by fisho999 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:13 am

colnick wrote:
Get into it.
Col.
hahaha sorry mate i was just having a laugh, your always welcome on here :rf:

colnick

Post by colnick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:13 pm
colnick wrote:
Get into it.
Col.
We have the website to compare, but all we get out of that is our details sold on to 3rd parties who then harass you constantly.
This is a government initiative for the Victorians, why would the government be so interested in saving people money, or pay you $$$ to make a comparison is beyond suspicious. Local elections are coming up and considering andrews ****** up a fair bit I think he is buying votes.
Also the fact that the covid $$$ supplements, double payments of the dole, crashing economy and inflation on pretty much everything bar your wages and now this, we will pay for it some way or the other.
They could be gathering data for some future decisions, what that is is anyones guess at this stage.
I can understand your suspicion and cynicism purple but my experience with NSW/Australian government sites has only been positive. I have had no rash of unwanted calls and emails at all. Note that I refer to government sites. I steer clear of sites with commercial associations with supply companies - such as energy watch, econnex, canstar, comparethemarket,iselect,goswitch etc. I think these companies don't necessarily list all available plans and stand to benefit financially if a customer selects a plan through their site.
Your call of course.
Good luck, Col.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”