AWD ford territory 'off-roading'

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

AWD ford territory 'off-roading'

Post by Joker91 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 am

I am planning to try and go off the beaten track a little more this year but I was wondering, how far can I push it?

I have a AWD deiseal Territory and never really taken it off-roading. The most I have done is a couple of sand drives on kangaroo island (which i seen Camrys doing it), and small drives into a few state forests.

Has any one got the same car and what are the limits on the terrain you have pushed it to. Both on the beach and off-roading.

Just to be clear, I know its not a 4x4 and don't expect to do the same tracks as what they can do, but just want to know what my safe boundaries are :-D

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: AWD ford territory 'off-roading'

Post by sloth » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 pm

I took a territory into tallarook state forest on wet dual track and it was sketchy AF. Think it will depend on your tyres to a large degree. It’s a heavy beast and it got its slide on enough to be seriously sphincter puckering.

I used to do a fair bit of dirt bike riding in my yoof and throwing a bike up a trail and banging the crap out of it is fine - I have a mental block with doing the same with a car for some reason :) I’ve got an a outback AWD - it’s bashed around the back of the otways ok but again once if it gets wet it’s definitely down to the tyres you’re running. If it’s dry it should be comfortable on most state forest dual track.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:10 pm

My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Clearance is going to be your downfall.
Put in a lift kit and its a different story

Return to “Off Topic Forum”