Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:34 pm

4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 am
4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am
Kimtown wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 pm
Watching the fight today with 10000 in the crowd really put it into perspective of just how poorly our state is run
Dan has done nothing but severe lockdowns this whole time. In the meantime they have lied to Parlimentary Commitee under oath and caused hundreds to die in aged care. He has crippled our state and has had ho answers to anything except lockdowns. Brett Sutton is a complete self absorbed muppett, we got the quinella of dickheads I'm afraid, even NSW has made them look stupid
To be fair, around the world lockdowns have been the only answer that doesn’t involve mass fatalities without the vaccination rate being high enough. Dan isn’t unique in that regard.
That's true, but Dan has been next level compared to other countries and states. NSW has proven that you don't have to lock everything down completely to save lives. Our population in comparison to other countries is quite small, the majority of our states deaths came from the Hotel fiasco and the deplorable aged care saga, that was all Dan's fault. The fact that Dan didn't take into account the possibilty that the virus will still be around in 18 months and have the hospitals prepared for such a thing, rather than just shutting everything down all the time is also on him. Like any virus, there are going to be fatalities. The rest of the world did not shut everything down completely for the length of time Dan has and are starting to come out of it very well.
It hasn’t been a perfect response to be sure, but it’s worth noting the following:

- The overwhelming majority of deaths in aged care were in the federally administered aged care homes. The state run homes that the Andrews government actually has some control over had very few residents die.
- They have been building up the health system, the issue is it takes a long time to train staff.

Whether the lockdowns were worth it might be subjective but personally I’ve been quite grateful to be here with the government response being what it was. Knowing that the government actually gives a **** about whether my parents survive vs just throwing lives on the pyre.
I don't have an issue with lockdown, it's the unnecessary extremes that he went to which pisses me off. He had no initiative's what so ever, just draconian laws that have probably cost more lives than the virus itself. We have nearly 90% first dose and the only change is that you can take your mask off to get drunk

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:37 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 am
4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am
Kimtown wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 pm
Watching the fight today with 10000 in the crowd really put it into perspective of just how poorly our state is run
Dan has done nothing but severe lockdowns this whole time. In the meantime they have lied to Parlimentary Commitee under oath and caused hundreds to die in aged care. He has crippled our state and has had ho answers to anything except lockdowns. Brett Sutton is a complete self absorbed muppett, we got the quinella of dickheads I'm afraid, even NSW has made them look stupid
To be fair, around the world lockdowns have been the only answer that doesn’t involve mass fatalities without the vaccination rate being high enough. Dan isn’t unique in that regard.
That's true, but Dan has been next level compared to other countries and states. NSW has proven that you don't have to lock everything down completely to save lives. Our population in comparison to other countries is quite small, the majority of our states deaths came from the Hotel fiasco and the deplorable aged care saga, that was all Dan's fault. The fact that Dan didn't take into account the possibilty that the virus will still be around in 18 months and have the hospitals prepared for such a thing, rather than just shutting everything down all the time is also on him. Like any virus, there are going to be fatalities. The rest of the world did not shut everything down completely for the length of time Dan has and are starting to come out of it very well.
meanwhile in the USA They are running at 100,000 new cases a day. 750,000 dead or 2216 per 1million population. Aus would have to have 60,000 dead to be the equivalent... yeah other countries are doing just fine. the countries that have done best are ones that had low population density, long and tight lockdowns , lots of vaccinations before easing lockdowns. Sounds a bit like Aus hey. Yeah sure a lot of the restrictions don't make a lot of sense, but that comes from all sides of politics and public servants. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the last cpl of years. A lot of restrictions wouldn't have been necessary if people did the right thing, curfews being a prime example. If everyone went and got vaxed then this compulsory vax to maintain a safe workplace wouldn't have been needed either.
And you don't think the massive population comparison makes a difference, you can't even compare the 2 countries. I'm not against lockdowns , just the draconian laws we have in place.
While you're doing research and shooting out stats, have a look at how many deaths have occurred as a result of mental health due to the draconian lockdowns, or doesn't that count for you. Go tell the families of people who have taken their lives that covid is more important. Are you starting to understand now

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm

I gave you the population comparison of deaths.as a per million population. Suicides are down in Aus. Total deaths in Aus are running at average. In the USA the are well above average. Yes you can compare provided you make the population difference calculation. Sure it been a huge pain in the butt. I have family seriously effected, but I have not seen a logical well thought out alternative. All I hear is oh well just let it go ,get used to people dieing
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't NSW have entry to various place only if double vaxed. I was told officially that if workplaces don't make double vax entry only, then they could be found guilty of not providing a safe workplace under work cover legislation
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:15 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm
I gave you the population comparison of deaths.as a per million population. Suicides are down in Aus. Total deaths in Aus are running at average. In the USA the are well above average. Yes you can compare provided you make the population difference calculation. Sure it been a huge pain in the butt. I have family seriously effected, but I have not seen a logical well thought out alternative. All I hear is oh well just let it go ,get used to people dieing
I have been working in Mental Health for 25 years and I can tell you that no good came out of shutting down MH facilities as part of his lockdowns. There are many things he could have done to keep these places open and if you want to believe that suicides are down then that's your choice. Data and stats only give you part of the story so I'm going to leave it here

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Wish I had the foresight to move to Queensland for the last 2 years, Melbourne has been an awful place to live.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:03 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:41 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 pm

and its only going to go up, not down.
the fishing has started heating up, and with that unfortunately comes fisherman who are travelling a long way from home, from high risk suburbs to pretty much everywhere else. doing the right thing according to the CHO almost seems useless now.
Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
How many hours do you reckon you need to catch a fish?
Hours?

I need days.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm
yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am
Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:

Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
How many hours do you reckon you need to catch a fish?
Hours?

I need days.
Be good if they brought Tea Tree back....wouldnt mind a couple of days on the water at the moment

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:47 pm
Wish I had the foresight to move to Queensland for the last 2 years, Melbourne has been an awful place to live.
My dad did…

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:50 am
1965 cases
and its only going to go up, not down.
the fishing has started heating up, and with that unfortunately comes fisherman who are travelling a long way from home, from high risk suburbs to pretty much everywhere else. doing the right thing according to the CHO almost seems useless now.
Well it's all fun and games until you get caught..
Last I heard the unpaid fines which are not being contested in court are being handed over to the sheriff..
If its true then it's going to get very interesting..
Personally I don't have the time to put aside to go to court for this. I've stuck to my 15k 4 hour limit the one time I went fishing.
Many ramps are packed already, I'm not liking the chaos come time to open up tbh being snapper season, ramp rage will be on fire!!!

Return to “Off Topic Forum”