Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by 4liters » Thu May 27, 2021 5:16 pm

sandef wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:55 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:14 pm
Be nice if a few of those people who were eligible to get their shots had done so. Now one of them is in the ICU and the state is locked down again.
Being vaccinated doesn't stop you from spreading the virus it stops you from dying
Not completely, but it helps.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Not everyone who either lives in aged care or works in age is vaccinated..what joke...the government is
X2 vaccinated not stopping from catching or spreding virus...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

westvic
Has liked: 154 times

Post by westvic » Thu May 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Was booked on a tuna charter out of Portland tomorrow!!! most trips at the moment seem to be bagging out and I was sooooo looking forward to this.

crying in my beer tonight.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:32 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Watp wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:35 pm
You can't really blame this lockdown on people who are not vaccinated. All we hear from the government is blame, whether that be a poorly trained security guard, a nebuliser, a banking app, the public or business owners, the one thing the Victorian government is certain of is that nothing is ever their fault.
All Victorians deserve better. Ironically, it was one year ago yesterday when COVID-19 escaped hotel quarantine prompting the start of our second wave, and here we are again facing a debilitating lockdown because the virus has again escaped and spread. Why does this keep to happening to us while other states manage it differently and effectively?
Of course you can blame it on people who haven’t bothered to get vaccinated. I’m not eligible yet myself but those who are have an opportunity to make outbreaks less severe or even prevent them entirely but unfortunately it looks like some of them are putting their unfounded fears or biases ahead of the good of the community.

Fortunately there’s been a bit of an ‘oh ****’ moment among the boomers and vaccination rates have jumped in the last week but it’s a shame it’s taken another outbreak for this to happen.

Other states haven’t been managing. This outbreak was triggered by an escape from an Adelaide hotel quarantine facility. Every state except Tasmania has had breaches and all of them have had to introduce restrictions of some form. Luck plays a part too, some bloke visited every BBQ store in Sydney while infectious and didn’t pass it on, while some people here have passed the virus onto multiple people within 24 hours. Nothing any government can do about that.
Did he end up getting a bbq?
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:32 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Watp wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:35 pm
You can't really blame this lockdown on people who are not vaccinated. All we hear from the government is blame, whether that be a poorly trained security guard, a nebuliser, a banking app, the public or business owners, the one thing the Victorian government is certain of is that nothing is ever their fault.
All Victorians deserve better. Ironically, it was one year ago yesterday when COVID-19 escaped hotel quarantine prompting the start of our second wave, and here we are again facing a debilitating lockdown because the virus has again escaped and spread. Why does this keep to happening to us while other states manage it differently and effectively?
Of course you can blame it on people who haven’t bothered to get vaccinated. I’m not eligible yet myself but those who are have an opportunity to make outbreaks less severe or even prevent them entirely but unfortunately it looks like some of them are putting their unfounded fears or biases ahead of the good of the community.

Fortunately there’s been a bit of an ‘oh ****’ moment among the boomers and vaccination rates have jumped in the last week but it’s a shame it’s taken another outbreak for this to happen.

Other states haven’t been managing. This outbreak was triggered by an escape from an Adelaide hotel quarantine facility. Every state except Tasmania has had breaches and all of them have had to introduce restrictions of some form. Luck plays a part too, some bloke visited every BBQ store in Sydney while infectious and didn’t pass it on, while some people here have passed the virus onto multiple people within 24 hours. Nothing any government can do about that.
Did he end up getting a bbq?
I think he was after a Big Green Egg from memory, not sure if he got it though
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu May 27, 2021 7:23 pm

ango wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:38 pm
Hello.
it looks like we are back in lockdown again, maybe they should change to logo on the car rego plates to "Victoria-The Lockdown State". Is fishing allowed during this lockdown, does any one know?
Cheers.
No fishing mate

ango

Post by ango » Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi everyone,
I had my first Covid AZ jab 28 days ago, I went to the Dr's on another matter and they suggested to have the Covid jab, so I went to book in and they said, how about this afternoon so I went ahead and had it. It seems that the roll out is very variable depending where you go.

Hopefully the lockdown is only for 7 days like they are saying, but I am spewing because, just like last year, it looks like I will be cancelling our winter trip to Qld. We have booked air fares, accommodation, etc. were going to leave in 10 days. Qld have declared all of Vic a hot spot and if you have been in a hot spot during the last 14 days they will not let you in so we are stuffed.

The wheel bearings and reels that I have not serviced for too long will get some attention now and the garden will be getting a lots of maintenance too.

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:33 pm

if more people were vaccinated we would be in lockdown anyway, they said this today at the presser.

weather is looking alright for the weekend too!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri May 28, 2021 12:50 am

ango wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 pm
Hi everyone,
I had my first Covid AZ jab 28 days ago, I went to the Dr's on another matter and they suggested to have the Covid jab, so I went to book in and they said, how about this afternoon so I went ahead and had it. It seems that the roll out is very variable depending where you go.

Hopefully the lockdown is only for 7 days like they are saying, but I am spewing because, just like last year, it looks like I will be cancelling our winter trip to Qld. We have booked air fares, accommodation, etc. were going to leave in 10 days. Qld have declared all of Vic a hot spot and if you have been in a hot spot during the last 14 days they will not let you in so we are stuffed.

The wheel bearings and reels that I have not serviced for too long will get some attention now and the garden will be getting a lots of maintenance too.
I’m literally close to booking a fishing trip in Queensland with a bunch of mates for late next year. This lockdown might be the breaking point for a few of the blokes who were 50/50

Hiryuu
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Hiryuu » Fri May 28, 2021 10:16 am

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/spor ... ke-fishing

what do you guys make of this? apparently you can go fishing within 5km of your house as long as it doesn't use a a facility.
what's considered as a facility?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”