Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Can't blame people protesting

Either get a jab or get the sack

This is Australia where you should have a choice. This bullying tactic of forcing vaccines is wrong.

I'm a painter who doesn't work on construction sites yet I'm affiliated under the construction act. Regardless if I've had a jab or 2 or none.

I can't work for at least 2 weeks even in a vacant house or outside of a house by myself.
The premier has fair dinkum lost the plot and no wonder the tradies have cracked it.

Heavy handed tactics have missed the mark.

Imagine a blanket ban on fishermen no matter if you lived close to the water or if you were jabbed or not. A few of you guys would have a different outlook I'm sure

What a **** state this has become

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:53 pm

well this has really made my day.
i'm thankful to everyone that attended. I wish I could be there myself, i have my reason's for not being there.

its not great to see any violence, in a crowd your always going to have a few go too far.

i'm really glad to see someone take a decent stand, i hope it continues to gain momentum, and if not at least they have let everyone know they are not happy.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm

I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm

What about drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers and obese people?This is getting ridiculous. We’ll probably get north of 80% vaxxed anyway, if hospitals can’t cope from there then maybe we need to invest in the healthcare industry.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Druggos, smokers, alcos and fatties aren't about to overwhelm the hospitals and result in a bunch of people needlessly dying because they can't get access to treatment for non-covid stuff.

There's 2 - 3 million unvaccinated people at 80% vaccination rate. Delta is hospitalising roughly 15% of people who catch it, so that's around 450k people likely to be wanting to go to hospital all within a fairly short space of time. Good luck to anyone who gets in a car accident or has a heart attack during that time because thoughts and prayers are likely to be the only treatment they get.

We've been building up our healthcare system in preparation but there's only so much you can prepare. It takes time to train staff, retro fit buildings and undercover carparks and so on.

There's already signs of stress in Sydney, they're talking about using surf lifesavers for patient transport, an acute care psychiatric hospital has been cleared out to make way for covid patients (ironic given the noise about mental health during covid) and a doctor was on the radio saying that he has had at least four patients die who he thinks probably should have survived if hospitals weren't getting smashed. This is with less than 2k cases a day.

But I think most people not getting vaccinated probably subscribe to the belief that it's 99.9% survivable so maybe they'll be happy to take their chances.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Greater Toronto area in Canda has a population of 6 million people.

They have a decent vaccination rate 70.4% double dose and have reached step 3 of there reopening plan, see below.

They have pretty mild restrictions, limitations of how many people can be in resturants, gathering of 25 people in your home, masks, sanitiser when going to shopping centers etc.

They have 500-700 cases per day with step 2 and step 3 is not a massive change so it is expected there will not be much of a change. It will be interesting to see how they go .

I think it is very comparable with Victoria and what we can expect.

At this point a lot of the restrictions are not required and non compliance is very high the government if they were smart would be easy many of the current restrictions. IMO pretty much all outdoor rec activities, golf, basketball, tennis, cricket, fishing, hunting, with common sense applied ie small numbers should be allowed. Most are already taking place...

https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/co ... residents/

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm

But I think most people not getting vaccinated probably subscribe to the belief that it's 99.9% survivable so maybe they'll be happy to take their chances.
Well I finally got my first jab last friday ( the government blackmail schemes where starting to building up ) I wouldn't have bothered normally and not because I'm and anti vaxxer - I really didn't see the point

Anyway my findings first trying to find where to get a jab in Cranbourne - Cranbourne racecourse it's a vaccine hub - but you have to book on line something I don't do
So a bit of research on line and several hours later I found a clinic near by where I could walk in a book in person -

So now my wife figures see might also get vaccinated so see rings her doctor ( she sees one more than once every 10 years like myself ) and gets told by text message to book on line - see is less computer literate than me and doesn't even use the internet

anyway the guy I do most of my work for on Mondays and Tuesdays who is 77 yo asked me where I got my jab as both he and his misses also have not been jabbed - stew doesn't even use a smart phone

anyway I thought I might put this out there for something that seams so important I and other have found a pain in the A just to get organized
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:22 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm
Druggos, smokers, alcos and fatties aren't about to overwhelm the hospitals and result in a bunch of people needlessly dying because they can't get access to treatment for non-covid stuff.

There's 2 - 3 million unvaccinated people at 80% vaccination rate. Delta is hospitalising roughly 15% of people who catch it, so that's around 450k people likely to be wanting to go to hospital all within a fairly short space of time. Good luck to anyone who gets in a car accident or has a heart attack during that time because thoughts and prayers are likely to be the only treatment they get.
The current hospitalization rate is 4% and the ventilation rate is .65% of the total positive cases. The Northern , Boxhill and RMH are designated Covid hospitals as numbers increase only positive cases will go to these hospitals .At 80% fully vaccinated that leaves 1m unvaccinated we are looking potential 6500 people on a ventilator. We have surge capacity of 4000 ICU ventilators , not everyone gets sick on the same day and not whom can I'll will get Covid .The system at the peak will be stretched but it cope

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:58 am

While everyone debates their rights, my 42yo fully vaxed daughter sits in Hobart with her cancer treatment on indefinite hold due to all the ICU beds in Melbourne being reserved for covid. You can debate all day about more ICU and more hospitals. It takes 5 years to train a nurse and then they have to expose themselves to people with a virus that can be vaxinated against. Yes we should have a choice but decent caring people choose to get vaxed to protect each other. Am I pissed off. You bet I am.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:12 am

Troy McLure wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm
I think most people aren’t against the jab but are not happy being mandated to get it. Anti vaxxers are different to pro choice in my opinion. But this state is getting torn apart sadly.
1000x this

Return to “Off Topic Forum”